Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Truth

"Who is.. Vecna?" Steve asks, "An undead creature of great power." Dustin answers, his voice showing worry. "A spell caster." Eddie adds weakly, "A dark wizard." Dustin says, both him and Eddie looking at each other worriedly.

~~~

The next day, they all went back to where Eddie was staying, bursting through the door, causing Eddie to freak out.

"Shit, Jesus!" Eddie shouts as they all enter the doors without notice, "Delivery." Ava says, winking, and holding up bags of junk food and drinks. Eddie takes one of the bags and starts chowing down on dry cereal, barely breathing in the process.

"So we got, uh, some good news and some bad news." Dustin says, breaking the silence. "How do you prefer it?" Dustin asks, "Bad news first, always." Eddie responds, drinking. "Alright, bad news." Dustin says, "We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you." The boy says, making Eddie's face drop.

"Also they're, uh, pretty convinced that you killed Chrissy." Dustin adds, making the older boys face drop even more. "Like, 100% kind of convinced." Max adds, making Ava scoff. "Come on, you didn't have to add that." Ava says, sitting next to Eddie for comfort.

"And the good news?" Eddie asks, taking a bottle of soda that Ava handed him. "Your name hasn't gone public.. Yet." Robin says, "But if we found out about you, it's a matter of time before others do." She continues. "And once that gets our, everyone and their shallow minded mother is gonna be gunning for you." The older girl finishes.

"Hunt the freak, right?" Eddie mumbles, making Ava frown and rub his arm. "Exactly." Robin says, "So, before that happens, we need to find Vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence." Dustin says, as if it was going to be a piece of cake. "That's all, Dustin? That's all?" Eddie scoffs, "Yeah, no, that's pretty much it." The boy responds.

"You're acting as if we can just kill an 'undead creature of great power' before anyone figures out where Eddie is." Ava sighs, knowing Eddie's in deep shit. "Listen, Eddie, i know everything Dustin is saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this before." Robin reassures.

"I mean, they have a.. A few times, and i have once." Robin adds, "Mine was more human flesh based, theirs was more smoke related, but bottom line is, collectively, i really feel we got this." She continues. "We usually rely on this girl who has super powers, but, uh, those went bye-bye, so." Steve adds.

"So we're technically in more of the.." Robin says, "Kinda-" Steve interrupts, "Brainstorming phase." Max suggests, making the two teens repeat what she said and point at her as if she's a genius. "There- There's nothing to worry about." Dustin says, not as confidently as he thought it'd come out.

Suddenly the sound of sirens wailing were close by, making Eddie immediately stand up. "Tarp." Robin says, pointing at it. "Tarp, tarp!" Robin repeats, making Eddie go in it.

They all run out to the window, curious on what it was about considering it was passing the house in a fast manor.

~~~

They all leave Eddie, and run over to the direction of the police vehicles, and to their surprise they actually meet Nancy at the crime scene.

"You're saying that this thing.. That killed Fred and Chrissy, it's from the Upside Down?" Nancy asks after being told the entire situation. "If the shoe fits." Steve answers. "Our working theory is that he attacks with a spell, or a curse." Dustin says.