Epilogue

The World Cup was officially over, and it was time to head back to Manchester. Not just to pack up my apartment, and get ready for the move, but also for the funeral. Ettie's funeral. Indi didn't come. She didn't think she could handle it. Instead, she travelled Australia, with Sam, Kristie and Jill.

Sam flew over with me, to Manchester, to attend it.

"How are you feeling?" She asked me, as I was putting on my black dress. I looked at myself in the mirror, picturing what it would have been like to go to my parents' funeral. Picturing what 8-year-old Bradie would've worn.

"I'm alright," I replied, looking at Sam.

"You both ready to go?" Emily then asked, appearing from the door. She always flew over. I didn't ask her to, but she wanted to be there. To support not just me, but Sam as well.

"As ready as I'll ever be," I responded.

We headed to the funeral, and when we walked inside, there was a room filled with everyone Ettie loved, and who loved Ettie. It would've been comforting to Keira and her parents to see that.

When Keira went up to speak, I saw her hands trembling. Her eyes fluttered as she tried to start speaking.

"Hey everyone, thanks for being here today, to celebrate Ettie and her life. I know each of us are grieving at this moment, and it's comforting to see how many people made the journey to be here today," Keira spoke, her words flowing out of her so effortlessly.

As she continued to speak, tears were ever so present within my eyes. Emily grabbed my hand, trying to comfort me. But it was difficult. Very difficult.

"I've realised that we all have to find our new purpose. We have to go and find what brings us joy. We have to do all those things for Ettie. She'd want nothing more than for us to go out there, and find who we are. Find our purpose. I know that everything I do, from now on, I will be doing for her. For my sister. For my twin. For my soulmate." I knew that was exactly what Ettie would've wanted, and that's what I will do for her. I will find my joy again. I will live out my dreams, for her. I was not going to be scared about what the future may hold.

After the service ended, I saw Keira standing alone, with a cup of tea in her hand.

"Hey," I said to her, walking up to stand beside her.

"Hi," she answered.

"You spoke beautifully."

"Thanks."

"Ett would be proud of you," I then said, "you are stronger than you will ever realise." She smiled softly, before wrapping her arms around me. We had never really talked too much before, but I knew that there was going to be a whole new lifetime to have those conversations with Keira. With Ettie's soulmate.

"You ready to go?" Sam asked me, and I nodded my head. I had a whole apartment to pack, and a flight to catch.

As Emily and Sam helped me pack, I was reminded of all the memories I had had within this small apartment. When Sam, Rose and I first moved over to Manchester, and lived only a few doors apart. When Tobin and Christen used to pick me up before every training because I hadn't bought a car yet. When Josie surprised me at my apartment, and when Harry first knocked on my door. So many things had happened. This was truly an end of an era.

As I got the letters out of the suitcase, I was reminded of what Ettie had said to me. One of the last things she ever told me was if she wanted to leave a legacy, it would be of forgiveness. Of having mercy on those who once caused you pain. I knew that I had to sort out things before I left. Before I got on that plane to Barcelona.