Snogging Session

Poor Gem. She shall never unsee today 

~~~

"THE TRANSFIGURATION PROFESSOR AND THE CARE OF MAGICAL CREATURES PROFESSOR ARE SNOGGING EACH OTHER"

"WHAT?"

Gem's outburst could have shaken books off their shelf. The few people left in the library craned their necks to look at her, including the librarian, JoeHills.

"Where? Where?" Pearl jumped to her feet and shook Gem until she felt like her ears were about to fall off.

"Third- floor- balcony- near- Gryffindor- tower-" Gem was barely able to get the words out before Pearl dashed out of the door, leaving only an afterimage in her wake. Gem looked around the stunned room, still dazed by what she saw.

~A 30 Minute Time-Turner Later~

Gem had been rushing to the library anyway. She had promised Pearl that she'd help her study for the Potions exam. The Canadian took a look at her silver pocket watch:

Fifteen past nine- not good.

It was already a miracle that the librarian lets students stay until well past curfew, let alone supervise them himself, but if Filch was to catch her-

Gem shuddered just thinking about the consequences. She grabbed the folds of her robes and walked faster. As she was brisk-walking past the Gryffindor tower, she heard questionable noises coming from behind one of the pillars. Curious, Gem poked her nose where it didn't belong-

And Karma hit her like a freight train.

What she saw would take decades to bleach from her mind.

Professor Beef had his hands down Professor Etho's jeans; the latter had his hands up the other professor's robes. Their mouths were locked together in an aggressive embrace, and they didn't seem to notice that they had just robbed an innocent Hufflepuff of her ignorance.

Gem's eyes bulged out of their sockets

"What the hell am I seeing?" her mind screamed. Slowly, the Canadian backed away, inch by inch, until she broke out into a full sprint, running pell-mell until she tumbled through the library doorway.

"THE TRANSFIGURATION PROFESSOR AND THE CARE OF MAGICAL CREATURES PROFESSOR ARE SNOGGING EACH OTHER"

"WHAT?"

Pearl shook her; Gem barely got her words out; Pearl ran away.

The librarian rushed to help the dazed girl to her feet. Gem accepted his hand with a confused sort of grace, before remembering why she was here in the first place;

She had promised Pearl to help her study for the Potions exam.

And Pearl had just dumped her.

With the sudden realization finally clunking into its rightful spot, Gem broke out into a sprint again, chasing after Pearl.

"WAIT UP BITCHFACE WE HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED STUDYING FOR THE GODDAMN POTIONS EXAM YET!"

"I NEED TO SEE THIS!" Pear screamed over her shoulder.

"DON'T DO IT!"

"CATCH ME IF YOU CAN!"

Pearl's sprint turned into a full-on dash.

Gem grit her teeth and ran faster.

"YOU BET I WILL!"

And with that, the fiercest game of Tag was underway.

~~~

Word Count: 478

A.N: I have so many AU oneshots I wanted to finish but this one was the most important! It's a short little drabble but the concept has lived in my head for quite a while now and it's such a big relief finally putting it into words.

-Mutie5793