author's note

Hi besties!! Welcome to my preliminary rambles and explanations. To preface, please don't let this barely coherent word vomit of an a/n stop you from reading the actual story. I won't say I'm the best writer on the planet, but I can promise it'll be better than this.

--

I have continuously read a number of obx fics with beautiful writing and plotlines, BUT there seems to be a falling off when it comes to season 2. I know that 2020 offered a nice little incentive to Wattpad authors, but as with all things, it's hard to keep it going. Life is unfortunately back to a running pace, but I still want the fics I read to continue!

So, in a weird obsessive fashion, I brainstormed with my sister and said, "what if I write my own obx fanfic, focused primarily on season 2?" 

And as you can probably guess, that is exactly what I did. 

Now I want to say that while I intend to put my energy into writing about season 2, I can't just jump in. I will still be flying over the storyline of season 1. The chapters will likely be shorter and less detailed, but I want to provide as much context for my oc and her relationships as possible!

Another thing I want to mention, ever since I was little I've always been a dreamer. I love coming up with crazy plots and ideas, but I have a hard time putting them on a page. I can put sentences together, but I know I can go a little stale. In the event my writing gets boring or hard to understand, please do not be afraid to message me or call it out. Honestly, any tips for becoming a better writer are more than welcome. 

I'm also a believer in "show don't tell", "assume your audience is intelligent", etc. So I know that sometimes things may be confusing when I know what I'm trying to get across, yet I'm failing to do it well.

Anyways, just bear with me friends. I am so excited to write this story and add my own love for the show to this platform. Prepare yourselves for slow burn, silly cliches, and blossoming friendships.

--

All Outer Banks characters and plots belong to Netflix. I am the sole creator of Dani, her story, and any other original characters that may be introduced. I have also independently (with help from my sister lol) created this plot. Any repetition or "stealing" is purely coincidental and accidental. Accusations of any kind regarding intellectual property will be taken very seriously. 

-- 

Oh, I almost forgot. All season 1-based chapters are released, these will then be followed by a biweekly scheduled drop of season 2 chapters. I also plan to continue throughout season 3, and whatever else may occur, unless I feel like Dani's story is complete. Also also, I am currently a junior in college so there may be times when I am overwhelmingly busy! Please know that I never plan to leave this story high and dry, so if it's been too long, you are welcome to bug me. My literal biggest pet peeve is a story forgotten midway through. 

<3 Lillian