Department of Continuous Goodbyes

"Hey (Y/N), Maddie told me to give this to you and that she's sorry she couldn't hang out, she has to babysit her sisters," Sprig announced walking into the barn with a bag filled with bags of creepy bread versions of (Y/N) and Maddie. His eyes travel around the room taking in the holograms of blueprints, pieces of metal and screws, and even random pieces of paper filled with equations and formulas scattered on the floor, all leading a trail to the goggled girl. (Y/N) chose to stay in the barn rather than sleep with Anne since the incident with Sasha which was a week ago. Hop Pop instructed Anne and Sprig to not bother the girl, telling them that she needed more space. The two didn't know if he meant space to take in the event that happened with Sasha or space to finish her experiments.

Sprig waited for (Y/N) to give any sign that she heard him but heard nothing except for the sound of sparks. "Hey (Y/N)?" he asked cautiously putting the bag down and walking closer to the girl, she was working on a table tinkering on her phone.  He reached out putting his hand on her shoulder, YN he said slowly. The girl jerked up pulling her goggles up, revealing deep dark eye bags. "Woah there sprig you scared me, you know you could've made some noise to tell me you were here," she then put her goggles on going back to her work. Sprig pressed his lips concerned; he didn't want to bother her as Hop Pop warned but he did promise Maddie he would.

"Ughhh (Y/N) I did," she nods picking up a piece of paper next to her, not paying attention. "Hey (Y/N), are you okay cause right now you look as if you are going to take over the world with all those inventions in the corner," he lightly joked pointing in the direction of a pile.

(Y/N) looked up for a second staring at the pile before putting the paper down. The pile was filled with a bunch of useless weapons and gadgets that she wasted money and metal on.

"What do you mean 'the cause of the fact that one of my closest besties was dropped by one of my other closest besties both figuratively and physically," she didn't look at him as the words escaped her mouth. Sprig rubbed his arm as the silence roamed the air, (Y/N) sighed and rubbed the space between her eyebrows. She then forced a tight smile turning her head to face Sprig. "Look sprig I'm alright I'm doing even better than ever actually. I mean I've never been able to work and complete these many inventions so quickly before. Look I've made all those inventions and even a hologram to organize everything but of course, I color-coded everything causes what are we animals," her eye twitched as Sprig looked at the girl as if she had three heads. She then paused noting that he probably thinks she was crazy.

Not wanting to waste time apologizing for her episode, she reassembled her phone. She turned it to face the screen, Sprig watching from over her shoulder as it glitched showing a bunch of zeros and ones before going back to her regular wallpaper. She waves the phone at Sprig with a confident smile, "Look I even was able to recode my phone making it my biggest all-knowing weapon. The only thing is that I can't get any signal or sign that earth is within reach...which is something that I can't control considering how this is a different dimension and the wavelength from here to earth is impossible to reach with only this technology" A deranged smile grew onto her face once again. Thinking of the endless work she's done to her phone to not be able to get any signal made her glare at the device while Sprig stared at her concerned for his safety. 

"Okay I can see that you're doing fine so imma just be with Anne out on the roof," he said pointing to the door and slowly backing away from the girl who watched him exit the barn. He left the door a bit open, revealing a slight view outside. 

(Y/N) was pretty sure she scared the frog boy but kinda wished he consoled her about her actual feelings and saw through her deranged and stressed persona. She turned back to the table, placing her phone down and connecting a couple of tapped-up different colored wires to her phone and her goggles. The phone's screen shows a loading screen slowly going up to 100%. "Guess I should connect some data to the goggles," she said out loud once again drowning herself in her work.