Chapter 18: More secrets?

That night when Keith asked me to marry him,

I couldn't help but say yes. I didn't have to think twice about it as he was always the one. He was so happy and so was I that he'd finally asked me to marry him. Yes, we'd just gotten back together but I know the guy since forever.

I love him with all my heart and as I'd said yes, we celebrated that night in a cute way. He took me out to the Baskin Robbins in Walestown, the one we went for the first time and danced on the pavement at night like crazy people in love. After a month or so, we told our friends and families. We also had a little get together with them. Logan had dumped Samantha as she actually did turn out to be a slut as expected. He was happily dating Gloria, shocking but they were perfectly happy together.

It's been a year now since he asked me to marry him. A year of happiness and excitement for the big day in a few months, 'November 14th'. It was the day Keith and I first met and hence decided to give that day a bigger meaning. I think about it as I get ready. It was finally the day I graduate from college. I did realize that being a doctor wasn't really my dream so I went into editing/writing and worked for Jules Publishers a few hours after classes. I had transferred to Emory for graduating in English. I knew what people thought about switching careers but I didn't care what people thought as long as I was happy about how I live my life and pursue what I truly want. Keith was graduating in Cyber security as he'd always planned to do. He was getting ready for my big day along with me.

"You ready my love?" he asks and I blush at the nickname.

"Yes babe, let's go. "I say and we head out. As we arrive, I go ahead and join my classmates. Keith sat in the front along with my parents. Adam couldn't make it as he was busy with Rene and Angelica, the twins. They were definitely going to be there for the wedding though. It was finally my turn and my thoughts were interrupted when they call out my name. I go up the stage and thank them, getting my certificate. I look at my family and Keith as I give them a flying kiss. My mom was crying and so was my dad but he was always good at hiding his tears. Keith had a smile from ear to ear as he clapped for me.

"Yeahhh! that's my baby!" he screams from far and I giggle as I get off the stage.

Once I reunited back with them, we all go for lunch to celebrate.

"Stacy, that was so good. Loved the speech my daughter." My mother says, holding my hand. My dad does the same.

"Thanks mom, dad. I'm glad I made you guys proud. I love you." I tell them and my dad finally sheds a tear.

"We love you so much Stacy." He says and I smile.

After my parents leave, Keith wanted to take me to dinner and so we went to this sushi place I loved.

"I'm so proud of you Stace. You make me so happy every day, congratulations!" he says as he holds a glass of wine. I smile as I he holds my hand on the table.

"Thanks Keith, not only for being there but loving me and supporting me always just like a real man should." I say and he smiles back at me. We eat our dinner and decide to take a walk after that. Keith holds my hand and pulls me in close, making me nervous. I still felt butterflies in my stomach always when he did such things. He kisses me, holding my face. I kiss him back and after a few seconds he pulls away.

"I'm so glad you're with me and not someone else. Hell, imagine me single for the rest of my life if you hadn't come back to be that night during the thunderstorm." he says, still holding me. I giggle and throw my arms around his neck.

"Hm... can't really imagine that as I couldn't imagine myself with anyone else Keith Mathews." I say and he smiles, twirling me around twice.

"Let's go home..." he says and I nod. I understood what he meant by that due to his tone. Once we reach home, I feel a little tired and so I go for a shower. While I was in there, I heard the door open and Keith walked in.