Chapter 1: Secrets aren't always good

Stacy

"I'm asking you not to leave...Stacy and Emily need their dad, please." My mom pleads my dad who looks sad as well but ends up packing his bags.

"I need to go...sorry. Love you kids. Daddy needs to go. Mommy will take care of you. Daddy will be in touch." my dad says, ignoring my hurt mother. I hug him and he hugs me back. After a few seconds of embracing my sister and me, he leaves. That's the last I saw of him.

I wake up from the constant nightmares I had been having. It was my final year of high school and I am finally going to be graduating soon. I get ready for school as I threw on my light pink sweatshirt, a cute denim and a leather jacket. I throw my hair up into a bun as I put on my boots and head downstairs. After grabbing some oats and an apple, I kiss my mom and younger sister bye as I head out.

My mom has been raising me and my sister by herself since my dad left when I was seven. It has been tough on her and so I try my best to be a good daughter. I haven't really been in touch with my dad anyways. We left things on rough terms. Emily, my sister barely got to see our dad. I had a few good memories but most of the memories are of mom and dad fighting. I feel that me staying out most of the time helps her go through less stress.

Not that I want to but I feel it's better that way as Emily is already a lot of maintenance as she isn't doing well in school maybe due to no father figure in her life? I have told my mom that I wouldn't mind if she saw anyone or wanted to re-marry.

There's Keith Mathews, my handsome, loving boyfriend waiting for me on his motorcycle. We've been together for a few years. Keith and I went to the same high school since he moved to Chicago from Los Angeles. We have kind of a similar history when it comes to parents and family dramas. Mostly. He asked me out when we were fifteen and since then, it's been great. Typical high school sweethearts you can say. Keith always had a sexy body; no doubt and dirty blonde hair and he treats me like a Queen which is an important part for me. He knows about my dad and whatever's happened in my life. Keith has totally changed my life and has been the best boyfriend...at least for now.

"Hey you, morning" he says, giving me a kiss while holding me by my waist.

"Hey you." I reply while getting on his motorcycle.

"I missed you. Had some drama with my mom at home this morning but seeing you, makes my day." he says and I blush. Keith as well never had a dad. I guess that's what makes us relate more with each other. He and his mom don't really have the best relationship.

As we arrived, our friends were waiting for us at the entrance. We said hi to them. Keith kissed me and went off to his classes with Jonas and Rob while I walked to mine with my best friend. Sierra and I have been best friends since we were five. Since then, we've been like sisters from the same misters. She has been there for me especially through the rough times in my life.

"So, how's it going? With Keith?" She says, chewing on a piece of strawberry gum.

"He's good, things are good with us. We haven't been spending much time lately due to his upcoming basketball game and my stuff."

"By stuff you mean GMS?" she asks, getting what I actually wanted to say but been unable to.

"Yeah, that."

"Oh, you haven't told him yet?" she asks and I feel uncomfortable in my stomach.

"God, no Sierra, I haven't ok. I don't know how he'd take the news about me going to Georgia Med school alright. I think I'm just going to wait until our finals." I reply with a confused and sad expression. I love Keith, I really do but I'm not ready to tell him that I'm going away after graduation. I just don't know how he'd take it.