chapter 31

Adonis

I took a deep breath while sitting on my swivel chair and working on my jobs, I've been busy these past few days so I haven't been able to visit Eliza's father who was released from the hospital last week. I don't want to go to their house and see Eliza and her boyfriend.

I'm not angry or jealous of Eliza's new boyfriend, it's just that the atmosphere is very awkward when we meet and I know it won't be good for both of us, and besides    why should I be jealous? I don't love Eliza.

I sighed again and was startled when I heard a commotion from outside my office. Nangunot ang nuo kong tumayo ako para tignan kung anong nangyayare sablabas ng opisina ko.

"What the hell was happening?—"I couldn't finish what I was going to say when I saw Katarina yelling at my secretary." What the fuck are you doing here, Katarina?"

Napatingin silang dalawa sa 'kin at ang sekretarya ko na ang unang nagsalita.

"I'm so sorry sir, nagpupumilit po kasi siyang pumasok sa office mo. Sinabi ko naman po sa kaniyang may ginagawa ka pero ayaw niya pong maniwala"

Napabuntong hininga ako,"it's okay. Go back to your work, I'll handle her" kaagad namang tumalima ang sekretarya ko at bumalik sa table nito. Hinawakan ko sa braso si Katarina at hinila siya papasok sa office ko.

"You have the guts to show me your fucking face after what you have fuckin' done" My jaw clenched when I remembered what she did,"why are you here? Coz your bored to him now? Or you want my fucking money?"

Katarina held me by the arm with her pleading eyes,"no please, hear me out baby, what you saw in my condo was just a mistake, I was very drunk that night, please believe me im not cheated on you"

"Mistake? You called that mistake?" Wala akong buhay na natawa,"I saw you having sex with the guy you just met at the bar and now you say it was just a mistake, are you fucking serious! Ano kayang mararamdaman mo kapag ikaw nasa posisyon ko at nakita mong may kasex akong iba"  I'm shaking with anger," you fucking bitch, after I choose you over my wife, you'll just fool me"

"Baby...please, it's not what you think" mangiyak-ngiyak na aniya Katarina saka yinakap ako sa bewang,"it's just one night stand...it doesn't mean anything "

Binaklas ko ang braso ni Katarina na  nakayakap sa bewang ko at mapait na natawa,"you know what? I regret choosing you"

"N-no....baby please...i-im sorry, so sorry please" halos lumuhod na si Katarina," baby...I'm so sorry, forgive me...I'm not thinking right that time....I'm begging you, don't leave me, hmm?"

"Sorry? Bakit mababawi ba ng sorry mo ang sakit na naramdaman ko nung arae na 'yon? Ha?"

"Adonis —"

I wiped the tears falling down my cheeks and looked at Katarina sitting on the floor crying,"i regret that i chose you, i regret that i loved you, i regret that i divorced my wife for you, i should have listened to my friends but I didn't. Even when Eliza was waiting for me just to go home to our house, i didn't do it for you, i hurt Eliza several times because of you. I loved you more than my wife waiting at our house for me go come home, after all that you just fucking cheated on me!"

I was shaking because of how angry I was feeling," do you think I'm a fool? Do you think I don't know the trick you're doing to me? No, im not a stupid person. Diba ginagawa mo lang akong bangko para may ipang check in ka sa hotel ng mga lalaki mo!" I smirked wryly when i saw her eyes widened,"fuck you, you motherfucker gold digger sluty-bitch, get out and don't ever come and see me again"

"No!" Tumayo si Katarina at yinakap ako pero kaagad ko 'yong binaklas,"Adonis baby please!"

Hindi ko siya pinansin at naglakad ako sa table ko saka ko tinawag ang sekretarya ko gamit ang intercom,"bring the security to drag the woman in my office right now out of the building" in-off ko ang intercom saka ko binalingan si Katarina na umiiyak pa din sa lapag.

A second later,  the two security came and i just looked at Katarina as they dragged her out of my office until she disappeared from my sight. Inilamos ko ang dalawang palad ko sa mukha ko ng ako na lang ang magisa sa loob ng opisina ko.

Someone knocked from outside my office then it opened slightly and my secretary entered there.

"Sir, Mr. Vancaubergh is waiting for you"

I nodded, "okay, give me a second"

I took my suit coat and my cellphone and put them it in my suit coat pocket then i left my office.

"Woah, what's with that look?" Phyco Vancauberg said when I arrived at the meeting we had agreed upon.

"Nothing, shall we start?" I just said and sat in the empty seat in front of Phyco and started talking about business.

After an hour of talking, the meeting between Phyco and i ended and we signed a proposal, well his proposal was good. Vancaubergh is obviously professional when it comes to business matters. No wonder the Vancaubergh empire is still stand highly mighty.

"Oh, Rocco texted me" pagkuwang sambit ni Phyco ng makalabas kami ng kompanya."He said this" iniharap niya sa 'kin ang screen ng cellphone niya."it's his birthday tomorrow"

Napailing na lang ako ng mabasa ko ang text niya kay Phyco, walang hiya talaga ang isang 'yon paano niya ba nalaman ang number ni Phyco? Knowing Rocco his face is too thick for a human. Siguradong hindi nito papasukin ang mga kaibigan nilang walang dalawang regalo at pagkain.

"Should I come? He invited me"

Natawa ako,"before you go to his birthday make sure you bring food and gifts if you don't, then no enter to his house"

"Oh" napangiwi si Phyco,"should I order a truck of condom for him? What size is Rocco's friend?"

"What the fuck?" I stared at Phyco in disbelief,"you fucking serious? Really?"

"What?" Phyco sounds so innocent, "he's your friend though"

Nag isang linya ang kilay ko at napa-face palm na lang ako sa sinabi ni Phyco, bakit ba ako napapaligiran ng weird na tao? Ang tino-tino ko namang nilalang."You know what Phyco? Fuck you! I'm out of here!"

"What? Why?"

Hindi ko na pinansin si Phyco at naglakad na lang palapit sa kotse kong nakaparada saka ako sumakay at minaneho 'yon patungo sa opisina ko. While I was driving I passed a restaurant, newly opened? Maybe. I just saw it now. I parked the car next door before getting out and entering the restaurant.

I sat down at one of the empty tables and a waiter immediately came to me and gave me a menu.

My lips formed into 'o' when I saw their menu, they have different foods from different countries. I ordered what I wanted because the other food was familiar to me and the waiter immediately listed it.

"That's all" sabi ko sa waiter saka ibinalik sa kaniya ang menu.

"Please wait a minute for your order to be prepared sir" aniya waiter at umalis na ito.

While I was waiting for my order, I looked to my right side and stilled when I saw a familiar figure, it was Eliza and her new boyfriend.

Eliza was smiling happily, the happy face that I had never seen on her when we were married, nor had i seen her beautiful smile. There is no one to blame but me, because from the beginning i was the one who cheated, i was the one who repeatedly hurt her not only physically but mentally and emotionally.

Alam kong huli na para mag sisi sa ginawa ko pero sinisisi ko pa din ang sarili ko kung bakit hindi nag work ang kasal naming dalawa. It's all my fault.

I held my chest as I felt pain from my heart as I watched Eliza happy with another man. 

I just smiled bitterly then looked away, maybe this is my karma. I have no right to be hurt if I myself let both of us go, i was the one who insisted that we get a divorce, so why am I hurt now?

Why do I feel miserable?