236. Article

Blaire Somerhalder's Hello Kitty-Style Fourth Birthday Bash

Ian and Nina Somerhalder's daughter Blaire celebrates her fourth birthday with a Hello Kitty-themed party

By SARAH CURRAN. Published: 17 Jul 2022

Happy birthday Blaire Skyler Somerhalder!

Nina and Ian Somerhalder's eldest child has celebrated turning four with a Hello Kitty-themed party for 50 guests, including Nikki Reed and daughter Kailani, in their Los Angeles-area backyard on Saturday.

"Blaire is obsessed with Hello Kitty. Literally the week after her second birthday party she said, 'Mommy I want Hello Kitty for my next party,'" Somerhalder tells PEOPLE with a laugh.

"And she never forgot! She's been asking for it ever since."

Featuring a 3 foot tall Hello Kitty from Hansen's Cakes, flowers by Heavenly Blooms, a pink candy bar from Candy Warehouse and a dessert table from Jenny Cookies, guests of the party also noshed on pulled pork sliders, mac & cheese bites, corn and hot dogs and mixed veggies.

They then moved on to play at face painting and hair-styling stations, a make-your-own necklace table, Hello Kitty bounce house and photo booth.

A touching moment came when Michaela Constantine gave her granddaughter Nina's childhood dollhouse, a present the actress had received for her own third birthday. Upon seeing the gift, Nina cried — but Blaire lightened the mood by asking if her pet chicken, Coco, could live in it!

Before they left, guests received gift bags filled with goodies from Sanrio, Mabel's Labels and Name Your Tune.

READ MORE: Nina Somerhalder Reveals She's 'Never Had A Nanny' For Daughter Blaire and Sons Duncan and Arrow: 'I'm Never Far From My Kids'