223. Real Life

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Daddy, happy birthday to you!" Blaire sang as she and her brothers jumped onto the bed with Ian while Nina smiled and held the cake that their two eldest 'helped' bake. Ian groaned and turned around, half of his face pressed to his pillow as he opened an eye to stare at his three children looking down at him with wide grins,

"Wakey, wkaey, daddy" Arrow beamed, "we gots you cake!"

"You did?" Ian asked as he turned onto his back among the three squeak before bursting into a fit of giggles as he ticketed them and Nina couldn't help it and took out her phone being careful as to not drop the cake she held and snapped a photo of her husband and children.

"Alright you rascals," Ian chuckled as he let his kids free,

"Happy birthday, love" Nina said as she joined them on the bed with the cake, "the kids helped make this delicious cake for you," she turned the candles on before holding the cake in front of him for Ian to blow, "don't forget to make a wish"

He smiled,closed his eyes before taking a deep breath and blowing the candles out with the help of his three little companions, "thank you for the cake," he said with a smile as he gave the kids a kiss each, "now why don't go you go with mommy while Inter ready?"

"Okay," Blaire and Arrow nodded while Decan gave him a toothy smile before he got picked up by Nina, all three soon left the room to let Ian get ready. They had a long day planned ahead for them as they will be heading to the airport in a few hours to fly to Louisiana where they'll be celebrating Christmas with Ian's family before they flew to Florida for the New Year.

******

"Got everything ready?" Ian asked as he met her and their kids downstairs and she nodded as she placed a plate of breakfast in front to him and he nodded

"All the suitcases and diaper bags are already by the door, so as soon as we finish eating and getting the kids ready, we're good to head to the airport," she said sitting across from him with her own plate of breakfast,

"Sounds great," Ian said and before they knew it, the family were getting in their family car and driving to the airport for their first stop. Ian's hometown.

The last time they had gone to Louisiana was when Arrow was born and she was pregnant with their angel baby. Even though they do talk to Ian's family over the phone or on FaceTime, it's not the same as being in front of them.

"You excited to see grandpa and grandma?" Nina asked looking back to see the kids, Blaire and Arrow exclaimed yes while Decan only squealed in delight making Ian and Nina chuckle at their excitement, "they're just as excited to see you as well,"

The pair held hands as Ian drove to the airport and their favorite song, Hold On by Chord Overstreet, played in the background. This song, much like all the songs played on TVD held specially memories for them and that's one of the reasons as to why Ian had downloaded each of them onto his phone to listen in the car through Bluetooth.