204. Real Life

Nina had gone out with Kat and Candice to the park so that the little ones could play while Ian, Joe and Michael were back at the Somerhalder house helping Ian set up a surprise for Nina for their wedding anniversary. Candice and Kat stayed that their kids wanted to have a play date which wasn't a complete lie nor was it the complete truth seeing as they were to distract her for a few hours while Ian and their husbands set up the house for his wedding anniversary surprise, which Nina had no idea about.

"This is great,"Kat said as she, Nina and Candice sat on the park bench watching their kids—minus Duncan and Josephine who were still to young to play with this elder siblings.

"Yes, this has been way overdue," Nina agreed as she fed Duncan while also keeping an eye on her two eldest children, "Though I have a feeling that Mr. Arrow will be coming here soon wanting a nap"

And not long after she uttered those words did the little boy walk over to the moms rubbing at his eyes "why don't we head back? This little miss is just as tired" Candice stated as she rocked Josephine in her stroller

"And it looks like the lot her four are also tired," Kat said pointing in the direction of where her twins, Atlas and Apollo making their way to them with Blaire and Florence, all looking exhausted.

"Mama? We go home?" Blaire asked rubbing at he tired eyes and Nina smiled nodding, "brother?"

"He's already napping sweetie," she replied pointing at the stroller where Arrow was fast asleep already and Blaire nodded before climbing into her spot beside him holding his hand, once Nina had Blaire buckled and Duncan was secure in his baby pouch on Nina chest, all three mothers made their way to their respective cars before driving to Nina and Ian's house.

******

"Are you leaving already?" Nina asked when she and the others arrived at her house only for Joe and Michael to walk to their car—Candice and Kat nodded, "why don't you guys stay a bit longer?"

"We would love to but Joe and I already promised the girls that we'd take them to the beach when we got back," Candice said giving her an apologetic smile

"And Michael and I are going to visit my parents for the weekend. We only stopped by so the buys could play with the kids for a few hours" Kat added and Nina nodded, "but we are getting together again but this time we'll invite Kayla and Claire"

"Yes, Blaire has been asking to have a playdate with them but we haven't been able to have one with them being away on a vacation each respectively" Nina said, "thank you both for coming by, by the way, Blaire and Arrow had a blast even if we were only at the park for a few hours, it was the first time I took them anywhere with kids their age"

"Don't sweat it, know we're always a phone call away so don't hesitate to call and ask us to come by to have a great together even it's just the 6 of us and the kids" Candice said with Kat nodding in agreement making Nina smile

After hugs were exchanged between the three women, Nina with the help of  Ian carried three sleeping infants inside. But Nina froze upon seeing the front hall of their home covered in roses and balloons.

"What the—Ian?" She asked looking up at her husband who only smiled and she shook her head, "you're amazing you know that?"

"Not as amazing as you are, sweetheart," he replied leaning down to give her a kiss on the lips that she returned, "happy anniversary my love,"

"Happy anniversary, I can't believe we've been married for three years already,"she said as she followed Ian up the stairs with Duncan in her arms while Ian carried Blaire and Arrow both out cold from playing nonstop at the park with their friends.

"And we've got a whole life time to go" He said and she hummed in agreement before walking down to their room to place Duncan in his crib before going to take Arrow from Ian so he could lay Blaire in her bed, "why don't we watch a movie while they nap?"

"Sounds like the best plan ever," she said once she laid Arrow in his crib.

They made their way down the stairs to the living room where Ian said, "why don't you pick a movie while I go grab us some snacks?"

"Okay," she replied and so Ian headed to the kitchen to get them some snacks while Nina sat on the sofa surfing through the movie selection on Netflix. But as she did, something in the coffee table caught her attention—she didn't notice  it before until now—and decided to cut her surfing and reached for the small envelope before opening it since it said it was for her. With a frown she unfolded the paper before her eyes filled with tears as she read the words.

My dearest Nina

My letter I am sure has piqued your interest and left you surprised. But trust me, this letter is real.

You, my dear Nina are the reason I am no longer alone, because of you and your love, I look forward to each day. And because of you, I have a beautiful family now. You and our children make my life complete. My day starts and ends by looking at all of your faces.

Makes me think of the first day we met. That day too your beautiful face left me in awe as it does today. Your ever sparkling eyes and your beautiful smile can melt my heart even today. But that day your smile was the thing that made my mind, and made me say to myself- I want to spend my life with you, seeing your smile every day of my life.

Now with you lighting up my life every day, I feel complete. I feel happy. So thank you for giving me so much happiness. I don't know what my life would have been had you never walked into my life when you did that day all those years ago on set of TVD. I loved you then, I love now and I will love forever. Happy anniversary baby here's to many more happy years together with our little ones.

You're then, yours now, yours forever Ian.

"God I hate you so much Ian Somerhalder" Nina sniffled looking up to see Ian standing in the threshold between the living room and kitchen to see him smiling that beautiful smile of his that all three of her children had and that she loved with everything in her.

"I love you too, sweetheart" he replied laying down the mountain of snacks on the table before taking a seat beside her and she rolled her watery eyes at him but snuggled into him nonetheless, "i love you baby"

"I love you too,"