New Beginning (KuroDai)

TW: mention of death, mental breakdown

Daichi took a deep breath. He was finally here and it felt great. He looked around the campus. It was bigger than he had imagined, but he liked it. There would be enough people there, so that he could easily hide in the crowd. No one would notice him.

And the best thing was that no one knew him here. He didn't want to talk to people who knew him from his high school times. He wanted to have a new beginning and he would get it here.

Daichi grabbed his backpack, looked at the site plan on his phone and searched for the little appartement that he got. He just picked up the keys from the caretaker and now he would step into his own appartement for the first time. It wasn't much, he knew that. It was a big building on the campus with lots of student appartements, that were just enough to live in, but for Daichi that was fine.

He took the right path and opened the entrance, that lead into the appartement block. For a moment he was astonished by the amount of bell signs. Everything was gigantic in Tokyo. He entered the hallway and looked around. A boy with blond hair stuck his head out of the door and looked around searchingly. Then he spotted Daichi. "New here?", he asked and Daichi didn't knew if he really wanted to be friendly or if he just asked to be polite.

"Yes", Daichi answered. "Just arrived today."

"Ah", the boy replied. "You're not from here, are you?"

"No" Daichi shook his head. "I'm from the Miyagi prefecture."

"You had a long way then. I'm Gasai, by the way. Welcome to Tokyo."

"Thanks." Daichi smiled.

"Have fun..." Gasai took a look at Daichi's at the small amount of luggage he had. "moving in or so."

And then he disappeared into his flat.

Daichi passed another door and took the stairs up. His apartment was on the third floor. Next time he should maybe use the elevator, he thought, as he arrived at the right floor, out of breath.

"Number 304... 305... 306... There! 307." He stood in front of the door with the sign '307' and rummaged for the keys in his bag.

Suddenly the door from number 308 was thrown open and Daichi flinched. "No, Kenma! I will not drive through the whole city just to buy you that one game. You can do that yourself!"

Daichi stopped. He knew that voice. Kuroo. He didn't dare to look up and looked at the key in his hands very concentrated instead.

"I don't care if you're in the middle of the game, you can go afterwards!"

Daichi unlocked his door and hoped that Kuroo would just pass him. This couldn't be true. There he was, moving to Tokyo to study, so that he wouldn't encounter anyone he knew and then his neighbour was fucking Kuroo. What were the odds of that happening? How much did the universe hate him?

"Hey!", Kuroo shouted suddenly and stopped.

No. Daichi wanted to slam his head against the wall. And before he was able to disappear into his apartment, Kuroo was standing next to him. "Sawamura?"

Daichi needed a moment to collect himself then he put on a smile and looked up into Kuroo's brown eyes.

"Oh it really is you! Kenma, I'll call you back later." Und then he hang up and put his phone into his pocket.

"Hi", Daichi said.

"Long time no see, old friend", Kuroo said and grinned at him.

"Yeah", Daichi said slowly. "I didn't think, I'd meet you here, let alone be your neighbour."