16 | Aftermath

My sleepless night came to an end as I saw sun-rays piercing through the closed blinds

What a night!
After Kiara went, my mom and me had a long chat. My mom, she is one hell of a person. Without mentioning the incident and Shraddha, she managed to make me talk about everything. I am still figuring out how she did that.

After our conversation, I retreated to my room to see Siddharth furiously typing something. He stopped as soon as he saw me. Handing me a glass of water, he tol- instructed me to go to sleep. That was the best part, he knew that I wanted to be left alone for some time. He knew that I was not going to sleep. He knew that I wasn't sleeping , but he let me be.

I wore a grey tee with navy blue joggers and rushed downstairs. I took a couple of biscuits from the kitchen and left on my scooter, stuffing both of them in my mouth.

♠️

I smiled as I bought the bouquet of white daisies. Aunt Mahi will love them! And I hope she forgives me.

I hopped on my scooter and reached home in no time. My heart started to beat loudly, as I approached Mahi aunty.

"Bua? Mahi bua?" I called out and she turned to face me. Her eyes reflected surprise as she saw me.

"Varun puttar" she mumbled in a low voice.

"Sorry bua. I have no right to tell at you. I am really sorry. Please forgive me." I apologised and she gave a soft smile.

"Arey galti toh meri hai puttar! Mujhe aapki personal life mein interfere nahi karna chahiye tha! I am sorry!" she replied, holding her ears.

"Arey please aap mat sorry boliye bua" I said, handing her the flowers as she gave me on of those rare bear hugs.

♠️

I sneaked in my room under the pretext of an online meeting. But, all I wanted to do was get some sleep. After getting up, I washed my face, drank some water and excited my room to help out with the preparations. Tomorrow is sangeet. It's different for both the sides, so there's double preparation.

I was passing through the halls when I saw Kiara and Shraddha talking about something. Their facial expressions gave in the fact that they are talking about something serious.
The next moment, Kiara gave her a hug while Shraddha remained rooted to her place.
Um...why does this feel concerning?

Nevermind, they'll share with me if they want to.

♠️

We cousins had arranged a huge table on the lawn, just for the sake of it. I took a seat beside Priyanka who was busy bickering with Ankit, as usual.

"Roses look outdated, Priyanka!" Ankit interjected while Priyanka rolled her eyes at him.

"Oh, I see. What else is outdated now? Love?" Priyanka asked while Ankit rolled his eyes.

"Har baat pe senti hona jaroori nahi hai!" He stated and silently ate his food while I controlled laughing at their sweet banter. They are goals!

Just then I saw Kiara and Shraddha taking seats just opposite me. Both of them obviously looked stressed and Shraddha looked like she cried.

My eyes lingered at her figure just for a second, just for a second.

Something was troubling her.
What must be the reason?
Should I ask Kia?

I mean, even if I want to get over her, I don't want to end or friendship or something.
She will always be my college bestie, right?

Kind of a filler, I am sorry! The book is on hold now, I am sorry! Um so this chapter took an awful lot of time (more than I thought I'd take)

The book is on hold now, I am sorry!
Um so this chapter took an awful lot of time (more than I thought I'd take). Reason: I just wanted Varun's state of mind the next day after a breakdown to be kind of accurate. I hope it was correct, if it is not, feel free to point out any error.

Post hiatus: Sangeet chapters!

This part is dedicated to -velvtkiss