1 | Save the date!

♠️

♠️

My eyelids opened wide as I kept staring at the ceiling. The counting in my mind stopped at 60 as the alarm rung and I sat up to start the day.
I opened the curtains, letting abundant sunlight in. A fresh breeze hit my face as the window slide opened. My house being on the outskirts, there is ample greenery in my surroundings. I could hear the distinct chirping of the birds. What a peaceful start to the day!

I started the radio. It is 6:52 a.m. so the Sanskrit news would be starting in 3 minutes. Great! Call me old fashioned or anything, but the decline in popularity of radios is disappointing for me, frankly.

Breakfast would be easy to make as I kept the dosa batter for fermentation last night. Taking out the ingredients for making sambar and chutney, I started my work. Oh the other hand, water was filling the bucket for a bath. I quickly took out a set of clothes and dashed back in the kitchen. The news has started already.

♠️

The dosa was indeed, delicious. I made a few for my colleagues too, who ate it in the lunch break. They devoured it to the last bite and I am proud of myself. From burnt rotis to this dosa; I have certainly cane a long way in my culinary journey.

"Shraddha, whas happeninggggg?" Anahita asked me lazily, stressing unnecessarily on each word, which was quite annoying. But I wouldn't and couldn't tell that to her.

"Uhm nothing. Just work. What about you?" I replied and questioned her back.

"Great! In fact, I've never been better before" she said dreamily. She must have started dating someone recently. She says that every time when she's with a new guy.

"Tell me bout it"

"Sooooo....his name is Reyansh- the guy who I am seeing."

"Oh! Hope I'll see him soon" I replied with a bit of fake enthusiasm. Anahita is a sweetheart, but I don't find any excitement in this stuff; so I tend to fake about it.

"By the way, I forgot to congratulate on the successful project in A.I." She said and I smiled

"Thank you!" I beamed

"But I am not surprised! I knew you would do it with perfection" she stated and I just hugged her, not knowing what to say.

"Congratulations babe!" She said again, embracing me back.

♠️

I started watching Phir Hera Pheri for the umpteenth number of time, still can't get tired of it, though.

The movie ended and I went to bed. This was my monotonous life. Go to work, come home, watch a movie and go to sleep.

♠️

My eyelids opened just a minute before the alarm rang. Opening the curtains and window, I took in the nature.

Something good is going to happen today.

Inhaling a deep breathe, I closed my eyes- letting the positive vibes in. I exhaled again, slowly- letting the negative vibes go.

I started the radio, it is 6:54 a.m. Great! What should I make for breakfast though? This is the problem of Sunday's- nothing is planned. I haven't made a breakfast timetable but I just don't have anything afterwards. I just finished working on a project, so I don't even have work to do. My boss and colleagues suggest that I should go on a vacation and use the paid leaves I have, that will refresh my mind. But why should we go if everything is available in the click of a few buttons? I can get all the history, geography, civics of all the countries ghar baithe baithe.

Nevertheless, I decided to go through my inbox to check my emails and to order food. But one e-mail that caught my attention.

From: kiaraadvani@gmail.com
Save the date: 23rd June!

I clicked opened it and guess what! My best friend is getting married!

I typed back a reply,

"Have some work. Won't be able to join in the ceremonies but I'll come on the wedding day.
Congratulations Kiara and Siddharth❤️"

I can surely go, but I just can't mix up in all those people. I am not really any social bird or something, honestly. Anyway, finally Siddharth and Kiara are getting married! The lovebirds ahhh!

Suddenly, the door bell rung and I went to open the door but ahhh the door opened itself.

I quickly took a flower vase to protect myself but instead of some knife or some other weapon approaching me, I heard a soft voice.

"Shraddha puttar?" The voice came and I instantly recognised who it was.

"Aunty Ji?" I mumbled, keeping flower vase down.

"Aunty ji hi dikhti hai is paagal ko" and entered my best friend- KIARA ADVANI.

The first chapter~

This is Shraddha and her life. Your thoughts?
Each chapter will be in one person's point of view (p.o.v.)

It is a new book, so a few tags and shout-outs please?

I will try and update once a week; but there is no specific time-table! (:

Thank you! Lots of love <3