15 | The Engagement

I twirled as I adored my reflection in the mirror

I twirled as I adored my reflection in the mirror. Ethnic wear always increases a person's beauty, at least that's what I feel.
I am getting engaged today and honestly, it feel surreal. Time has flew in different speed in the past week. My and Siddharth's fight, our reconciliation, and now- our engagement.
Our wedding week has finally started!

"Beta, chalo!" Mom said, entering my room. I turned and embraced her. A couple of tears skipped my eyes as the worst part of marriage dawned upon me- leaving her to go someplace else. And Baba, he should've been here.

"Kya hua Kiara? Aren't you happy?" she asked worriedly.

"I am Ma, I am happy." I said, gently wiping off the tear, trying my best to not ruin my eye-make up.

"Baba ki yaad aarahi hai?" she asked and I smiled, nodding.

"Look up, he is happy seeing you happy here!" she said pointing at the stars.

I simply looked at the stars. Baba was here, and I knew it. But it would have been better if he were standing here with a huge smile on his face as he tried to hide his tears.
But Baba was never good at it and maybe even I am not, as a few tears escaped my eyes.

"Kiaraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" Shraddha barged in yelling.

"Late horaha hai!" She informed angrily and dragged me out while Maa simply laughed and followed suit.

"Aunty, aapki beti time ko pakad kaam nahi kar sakti kya?" She started rambling while I conveniently chose to ignore her.

But why in the world is she ranting? She never does that.

♠️

The sound of claps and hoots reverberated in the room as I and Siddharth exchanged rings. I looked up at the love of my life, smiling widely at me. Beside him, was my best friend, my back bone- Varun. At his other side stood his world- our Mummy-Papa, I turned to my left to see my everything Maa and beside her stood with a faint smile adorning her lips- Shraddha.
And at that moment, I knew that I wanted time to halt. At that moment, I knew I had everything.

The photographer came and started clicking candids. Siddharth was quick enough to drag me towards the decorations done specifically for us to click photos. Siddharth has always been a photo-enthusiast, and a photographer; he says he loves to capture every little moment and memory.

We clicked pictures in various poses. I swear I hadn't drunk but the two of us were actually acting like drunkards, laughing on anything and everything.
And that's what makes me love this man. He is an angel, I swear to God.

"Ab baaassss, bohot hogaye photos! Mein toh than gaya bhaishaakh!" Siddharth exclaimed dramatically, referring to Hansa and I burst out laughing. Again.

The photographer gave us a look and left to click pictures of all the kids who were eagerly waiting for him.

We both went and sat on the seats placed in the verandah where our family members were chitchatting. I saw that my aunt, who is a matchmaker talking to Shraddha, who was standing beside Varun.