7 | Love is in the Air ~ ii

(The incidents happening in this part are parallel to what happened in the previous one

(The incidents happening in this part are parallel to what happened in the previous one.)

♠️

Because Siddharth and Kiara wanted to sit together on the flight, I had to sit with Shraddha and honestly I don't even know what I am feeling. Shraddha kept her 'gucci' backpack which just might replace 'bagwati' from Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara and sat beside me. Should I just sleep? God, I am being ridiculous.

Shraddha glanced at me and turned her head at the other side before I could look back at her. Um, weird? Nevermind. I took out the book I have brought along with me so I can read. Honestly, I can't even read. I always wonder how do people read books- which aren't study related for long hours? I am capable of dozing off in the first fifteen minutes of any book, be it very interesting.

We have an approximately 1.5 hours flight to Dehradun ~ the capital of Uttarakhand. We will spend the day there and tomorrow we will leave for Rishikesh by car. That journey is going to be of 3 hours. So, I guess, I will be able to finish this book, as it seems to small. The name of the book is 'Wise and Otherwise' by Sudha Murthy. I am reading this book as I saw her interview a few days back and was intrigued. Let's see where does the book take me!

♠️

"Varun, Varun" Shraddha called out my name, tapping my shoulders; annoying the shit out of me. I mean, I was reading - wait, why do I sound like some bookworm!?

"Sooo books finally found a way to your heart, eh? You are agitated when someone else disturbed you reading" she said, breaking the chain of my thoughts and I turned towards her to notice how she beautiful she is looking, adorned with that smile on her face. Answer her!

"Um yeah, I guess." I mumbled and she just chuckled.

I saw her inhaling sharply before she talked.

"Um Varun...I want us to be....friends......again." she said halting between words, as if she was choosing each of it, wisely.

"Um we weren't friends?" I counter questioned. As soon as I uttered the words, I noticed nervousness on her face. Wrong move! Shittt!

But why would Shraddha Ahuja be nervous because of me!?

"I mean, we weren't enemies, Shraddha. It was me who made things awkward for us. It got so uncomfortable for us that we ignored each other and lost contact." I said in a go, trying to explain or justify or something.

"Uh yeah. Exactly. I don't want that to happen again, our friendship is important for me." She said sincerely, placing her palm on my arm. I gulped. What do I say?

And I smiled; smile to end my worries, problems, awkward moments. A smile to solve everything.

"Uh huh" I cleared my throat, forwarding my hand

"I am Varun Malhotra. I am an architect- son of Vidya and Aditya Malhotra. Will you, Shraddha Ahuja be my friend?" I asked.

"I know who you are" she blurted in confusion.

"HOW!?" I whispered yelled and continued
"Are you a stalker?" I whispered, feigning terror in my eyes and Shraddha squinted at me, scrunching her nose ever so slightly.

"Wha-?" I cut her off by leaning in closer and whispering her ear

"Start over" and she smiled, followed by a chuckle. Where is my camera!?

"Hello Varun Malhotra a.k.a. The Groom's best man! I am Shraddha Ahuja, an I.T. engineer. I am an orphan and, Yes, I would love to be your friend" she said, her bright smile not leaving once.

My mind wandered back to the first time she had told me that she is an orphan;

"Var..run I-I do- no-"

"Shraddha, what happened? It is okay if you don't want to tell me anything. Just calm down"

"I don't-"

"Shraddha, don't-don't say anything; it's okay"

"have parents"

Today she was so calm, her gaze just diverted downwards, as if that's were she had buried her feelings and secrets. Deep down.

Or maybe she worked on her feelings and you're overthinking as usual?

Yeah, that is a better possibility.

The 7th chapter! How was it?
Hope you liked it! Do spam!
Thankyou

The 7th chapter! How was it? Hope you liked it! Do spam! Thankyou✨

The WeddingOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara