5 | Memories

♠️

♠️

"Aunty Ji, kaam hogaya"

"Bilkul sundar dikh raha hai sab!" She said with a smile and I couldn't help but feel proud.

"Waise beta, aapka puraana samaan store room mein rakha hai" she informed and I nodded.

The house where Kiara and Siddharth are getting married is the place where I and Sid grew up. We lived here almost our whole lives- then I shifted to Mumbai and Siddharth to Delhi for college. After graduation we both came back to Indore but our parents had taken the decision to shift elsewhere in the city as this building had shown signs of old age. After renovation, it's time for The SidKiara wedding here.

I didn't even realise that I reached the store room lost in these thoughts. There was a big box which had my name 'Varun' written in a rather shabby handwriting by a black marker. My box might be the biggest because I always kept all of my belongings, all of them are important to me, they are related to important moments, they are my beautiful memories.

At the top of all those things, there was a canvas papers drawing book. A smile crept on my face as I saw all of my paintings in it. This book was given to me by Siddharth on my 15th birthday by saving all of his pocket money.

♠️

It had been almost half an hour but the amount of nostalgia experienced is so much greater. Every thing in this box has an incident of my childhood related to it. The next thing I found was my diary- the one during my college days.

my feelings for her,
maybe an attraction
maybe just a crush
maybe an infatuation,
but whatever it maybe,
it is beautiful...

I chuckled at my own words. My feelings for her...for Shraddha.

I turned over the next page.

20 January 2007
Today was Shradha's birthday. I and Ki gave her a small surprise party. We had decorated her dorm with her favourite 'yellow lights'. She loved our plan! I gave her a necklace with a star pendant; maybe she'll understand my thought behind this gift?

Stars. Even though they are many light years away from us, they illuminate our lives; that's what I wanted to tell her.

I turned one more page. It was a photo of me and my Papa.

14 February 2007
Happy Birthday Papa....Thank you for everything. I miss you!

Papa. One word and so many emotions and feelings for every one. A tear leaked from eye, creating a wet stain just above the photo- Thank God it didn't fall on the ink!

19 March 2007
Today Shraddha saw the lines I had written for her and she thought that they were meant for Kiara, and since then she is continuously teasing me. I don't even know how to react honestly.....

I laughed at that memory. She had even painted an imaginary picture of my and Kiara's marriage. Funny how I found this during Kiara's marriage with MY brother.

24 April 2007
I topped my class again! Thank you Ganpati Bappa for this! I promise myself that I will work more hard ahead....
Maa was also happy after hearing this news on the call, I even talked to Chacha Chachi.

14 May 2007
Such a crazy night! I and Kiara watched DDLJ, Swades and Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gam! I have never stayed so late in my whole life.

Who would've believed that the same guy spends his nights 'binge watching' web series just because he couldn't sleep? Not me.

♠️

"Kya hua mummy?" Siddharth asked in a groggy voice indicating that someone must have just woken him up.

"Siddharth, Kiara. Tum dono ki shaadi ko ab 2 weeks hai, I want you two to go together and visit Rishikesh and perform a pooja of Ganga Maa to seek blessings for your married life."  She said.

"Okay Mummy" both of them replied in a chorus answer, just like how students answer their teacher together. Well, that's an other fact that chachi is no less than our teacher, no one in the family can refuse her.

"And Varun-Shraddha, you both will tag along." She said and all we could do was agree.

So much for trying to maintain distance from Shraddha Ahuja.

The fifth chapter~What do you think will happen in Rishikesh?

The fifth chapter~
What do you think will happen in Rishikesh?

Stay tuned and do vote (if you liked the chapter) and do lemme know your thoughts, suggestions, etc.

Also, I will be updating every Friday now onwards!

Lots of love! <3