Chapter 20.5- The Short Decision, The Freedom

Toya stared at the window with a blank expression. He was usually emotionless, but he had a tiny smile.

'Why does she have to be so sweet to me?'

His thoughts were endless; his head spun. The boy continued to look out the window of boredom. The environment was calm, while the street was empty because no one dared to go through it. Toya was still brainstorming. Instead of imagining that same scenery with (Y/n) walking through, they sat on one of the benches eating a cake. Her soft hair touched his arm lightly, smiling in joy.

"Toya! It's time for lunch!"

Unfortunately, his dreams were interrupted by that commanding voice. He rubbed his eyes from staring at the sunlight for too long. Toya turned away from the window and left the room. As soon as he entered the hallway, the boy saw his father already cooking.

"Why are you cooking? That's unusual."

The father didn't meet his eyes, "I was in a good attitude today and decided to do something different."

"I've noticed, alright."

Toya took a seat while his father continued mixing vegetables and rice cooking.

"Say," his father stared behind while turning down the stove, "Since we are in a private place, could you talk to me more about (Y/n)?"

"Um..."

"Mhm?"

He immediately rose from his chair and yelled at him.

"I love her, okay?!"

The father was stunned by those words; he turned off the stove and sat down.

"Is that what you were trying to do before I handcuffed you Confess?"

"Y-yeah...," the boy sweatdropped while he shivered.

"You'll be heading to her house, right? I suggest you should buy something for her."

"Good idea; I should try that after eating."

The rest of the time was silent as the family ate lunch and cleaned up.

"I'll be leaving now," Toya replied while leaving the door.

"Stay safe! Good luck!"

_________________________________________________________

Toya had finally left the neighborhood and decided to announce their success from his hole.

<Toya> 'Hey, just left the house.'

<(Y/n)> 'Congrats!'

<(Y/n)> 'We should celebrate; where do you want to go?'

<Toya> 'Why do I feel like...'

<(Y/n)> '?'

_________________________________________________________

Back-to-back, that's enjoyable. Going to post another chapter today!

- 9/9/22