Chapter 3- That Familiar Face

Extra Notes:

(f/a) = favorite animal

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the day of the event, and Toya lay down, staring at the roof.

'Will I ever get to see her again?' He wondered.

Before he could continue thinking, the rest of Vivid BAD SQUAD invaded his room.

"Oi Toya! You alright?" Akito asked.

"What do you think?" Toya glared at him with his gray eyes.

Kohane looked around his room and spotted the letters. She picked up the bunched papers to inspect them in curiosity.

"U-um... Aoyagi-kun, what are these?"

"Oh uh... those are just a bunch of stories I've been reading."

He scrambled over to snatch the pile out of the tiny girl's hands.

"Really?" Kohane had to jump up to look at the signature, "Who's (y/n)?"

'I might as well tell her.' He thought.

"(y/n)'s just a childhood friend of mine."

An, who had been casually standing there, popped into the picture, "Oh! Then what does she write about?"

"...They-they're about how she misses me..."

"Didn't know someone liked you, Toya," Akito smirked.

"L-look, she and I are NOT in a relationship."

Toya's face turned light pink; he covered his face with a pillow to hide the embarrassment.

"Oh, what do you mean~," An joined in, "You're trying too hard to hide it~. You-"

"Can we head to WEEKEND GARAGE now?" Toya cut her off.

"Yeah, sure," Akito shrugged his shoulders and brushed it off.

While the squad was walking to the cafe, Toya was still embarrassed that the others thought (y/n) was his girlfriend. A heavy feeling came while being with them; he still had that feeling while everyone else was discussing the song list. An idea came to the boy's head, but he was unsure if he could execute it.

"Why don't we add RAD DOGS?" He asked out loud.

"Toya, are you sure? We've done that song sooo many times it's getting boring..." An complained.

"I know, but... I have a feeling she's going to be there."

"Oh, you mean your girlfriend, right~?"

An sure had her energy come back when she said that.

PING!

"Aoyagi-kun, was that your phone?" Kohane tilted her head.

"What a coincidence," Toya ignored her question, "She just texted me."

Everyone gathered around Toya to see her message.

<(Y/n)> 'Hey, Toya-kun! Are you doing alright?'

<Toya> 'Yeah, what about you?'

<(Y/n)> 'I'm back in Japan!'

Toya froze at her text. He didn't know what to say. The only thing he could say was, 'Good for you!' or something like that.

PING!

<(Y/n)> 'Toya, you alright?'

<Toya> 'Yeah, I have a question.'

<(Y/n)> 'What is it?'

<Toya> 'What is the first thing you're going to do besides unpacking?'

<(Y/n)> 'Check out an event Dad invited me to.'

Toya's heart beat rapidly; could it be that she was at the live house they were performing?

"Why have you stopped texting her?" Akito teased him, "Could it be that you're interested in her?"

No response. Toya's body was frozen; he forgot that the others were next to him. He can't seem to have a conversation without her entering.

"Aoyagi-kun, are you okay?" Kohane was concerned for him.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," Toya reassured the girl.

"Sure, I can tell you're happy for your girlfriend," Akito smiled.

"But will she be there?"

After what Toya said, the room was silent.

"Let's just get back to work," Kohane encouraged nervously.

And like that, they continued arguing about what songs should be on the list.

The time had come. (y/n) put on a baggy (f/c) hoodie, jean shorts, a pair of (f/a) socks, and a pair of white shoes. She ran down the stairs, only waiting five more minutes for her parents to be ready.

"So, shall we go?" (y/n)'s father asked.

"Yeah, let's go!" (y/n) bounced, full of energy.

Taking them ten minutes to get there, the family parked the car and walked the rest of the way.

"Hey, Dad, where are we heading?" (Y/n) asked in confusion.

"We're heading to a live house where the event takes place," her mom replied, "It's just up ahead."

(y/n) nervously stayed close to her parents. She knew that these areas in Japan are sometimes dangerous.

'Let's just hope nothing bad happens,' (y/n) reassured herself.

"Alright, we're here!" her dad announced.

A few minutes later, the event had started, and nothing sparked her interest just yet until,

"Next up is Vivid BAD SQUAD!"

That name caught her off guard; who would name a squad that?

Perhaps her dad knows why.

"Dad, do you know why their squad is named that?"

"No, not really. One of my worker's children comes to their shows every time. Maybe you should- look! They're performing now!"

"I'll probably just learn on my own," (y/n) mumbled.

"Hey, everyone! You excited?" the pigtailed girl asked the audience.

Everyone was loudly yelling like they were screaming for help. (y/n) had to cover her ears since they were so loud.

"Why are they so loud?" she questioned her dad.

"They're fan favorites for being talented teens." her dad obviously was trying to answer as fast as he could; he just wanted to listen to their music.

'Talented teens, huh?' (y/n) thought, 'Wonder how talented they are.'

"How about we sing songs for you?" the ombré-colored hair girl asked.

More yelling came from the audience; great. The music came in time to interrupt the chaos. (y/n)'s (e/c) eyes sparkled as she heard everyone's natural voices.

'Their voices sound so well together,' she was impressed.

She continued to watch, but something felt off. One of the boys in the group looked like him. She focused on the multi-blue boy and realized it was him.

Toya managed to notice her in the crowd at the same time as her. The two exchanged glances smiling. After years have passed, they finally found each other.