Dancing

Y/N sat down in a seat next to Jesper when Kaz called everyone in for a meeting. She sighed and leaned back, "I feel a spree coming on. It's either shopping or killing, I can't tell yet." Jesper snorted and nudged her side, pointing to Kaz who gave her a very hard stare. Y/N smiled innocently, "Right, sorry."

Kaz continued, giving everyone their roles and telling them their positions. This wasn't their biggest heist, but it would be a fun one. They got to dress up as merchants and act all prim and proper. These were always Y/N's favorite heists solely for the reason of getting to dress up. It wasn't often a barrel rat get's to play princess.

~

"I can't get the back of this." Y/N walked out from behind the room divider, holding her dress up. Kaz turned to look at her and for a moment he froze. The dress was dark red with gold embroidery at the bottom. It flared slightly at her waist and truly made her look like a princess.

Y/N smirked, "It's been years and I can still get your jaw to drop." He cleared his throat, "Shut up." She turned around as he walked closer to give him access to the zipper. One of his gloved hands held her at her waist while his other pulled the zipper up.

"Thank you." She walked over to their bed and pulled out a pair of heels from under her side. She watched him tie his tie, and smiled. He turned and gave her a questioning glance, "What?" She shook her head, "Nothing. You just look really handsome right now."

A knock on the door kept Kaz from responding. "If you two don't come out now I'm going to break down this door"

"And you'll regret it immediately after whatever I see in there."

Y/N laughed, "Okay okay, coming!"

~

The heist was in full swing. Jesper, Wylan and Inej were currently walking the halls looking for a certain vault while Nina, Matthias, Y/N and Kaz were in the main hall.

Y/N sighed when she saw Matthias spin Nina around on the dance floor. "My feet are killing me." She looked around and sighed again. "If you sigh once more..." Kaz muttered before he looked at her and smirked. "I thought you liked these kinds of heists?"

She shrugged and rolled her shoulders back. "Eh. I like the dressing up part, like if I could wear this and just walk around the Slat I would be the happiest in the world. But the people, I could do without. The heels, I could definitely do without." He nodded his head in silent understanding.

Nina and Matthias passed them once again. Nina's dark green dress flaring out behind her.

"I don't know how she does it. And in those heels?" Y/N sighed once more and pulled her shoulders back again. Kaz now had a permanant smirk. "You don't like dancing?" Y/N smiled sarcastically, "No, of course I do, my lovely husband. I just love dancing in the heels that are trying to murder my feet. It's just such a wonderful feeling."

Kaz grabbed her hand and spun her onto the dance floor, placing his hand on her waist while his other hand held her's. Y/N groaned, trying to cover her laugh. "You're a horrible man, Mr. Brekker." He shrugged slightly, "Well if this isn't what you wanted then you should've made your sarcasm a little clearer. Plus, I've been called worse, Mrs. Brekker."