Freckles

Y/N sat across the desk as Kaz worked away, writing side notes and looking over blueprints.

Y/N stared out the window, the soft orange glow of the sun filtering in through the window.

She sighed as she leaned against her hand looking down at the desk, eyes skimming over words messily written in a hurry, before she looked up at him and something caught her eye.

Freckles.

Kaz Brekker had freckles and she never knew.

She stared in awe at how handsome he looked, the sunlight reflecting off his eyes making them look lighter, but her eyes kept going back to his freckles.

Her eyes traced patterns across his cheeks and nose as he continued working.

She couldn't look away even as he looked up at her with a questioning glance, "Why are you staring at me?"

She continued staring and smiled dreamily as she met his eyes, "You have freckles. Did you know that?"

He chuckled at the tone in her voice that he doubted she even knew was there, "They've always been there, Love."

She scoffed, "Then why am I just noticing them?"

He shrugged and went back to work, ignoring the feeling of her eyes still on him.

"You are so handsome."

Her voice was barely a whisper but he heard it and smiled.

It was nice to know that she admires him just as he admires her everyday.