Magic Girl

Magic wasn't something people came across easily. In fact no one had magic.

There was small science, but that is not magic.

At least no one was known to have magic.

~*~*~

Y/N was a crow.

And she couldn't be prouder of her reputation in the Barrel.

She earned her rank as second hand to Kaz Brekker. Bastard of the Barrel, Dirtyhands.

They told each other everything, mostly because they grew up together.

Being childhood friends did help a little bit.

You had always known you had powers, and when you met Kaz you shared them with him almost immediately.

He always admired you when you used your powers.

He thought you were the most amazing person ever, just the idea of magic flowing through you always blew his mind as a kid.

When they were young he started calling her magic girl.

"I need a nickname for you. An annoying one." Nine year old Kaz ran up to Y/N and sat down next to her, laying down in the field of golden wheat. She turned her head, "Why an annoying one?"

"'Cause you call me Kazzle Dazzle..." She laughed, "Well it only makes sense! You are my Kazzle Dazzle!" He shoved her shoulder softly, "Shut up. I'll think of something." After about thirty minutes of cloud watching he shot up, "I got it!" Y/N sat up, confused, "Got what?"

"Your new nickname!" He smirked at her, "Magic girl." She furrowed her eyebrows and frowned, "I don't like it..." He smiled triumphantly, "That's the point!" She shook her head, "No. You are not calling me that."

And of course it stuck, much to Y/N's annoyance.

Growing up and watching you gain more control, he only became prouder of her day by day.

Plus now he always had something up his sleeve the rest of Ketterdam didn't. Y/N.

In order to keep her little secret she had to wear this whole get-up.

She wore black leather pants with a red sleeveless shirt with a hood to cover up her face. Kaz also got her red finger-less leather gloves for one of her birthdays to add onto her costume, as he calls it.

So that's how she stood, leaning against a wall since he gave her the roll of look-out.

~*~*~

Seeing Inej and Wylan running towards her, she straightened up "What? What happened?"

Inej shook her head, "We're outnumbered. Kaz told us to come get you."

Y/N briefly nodded and took off in the direction they came from.

Turning the corner she saw Nina, Matthias and Kaz cornered, doing all they could to fend the other gang off.

She was surprised to see this amount of people here, normally there would be five to six at max.

Now she saw almost twelve people.

One of them shot at Kaz, barely missing him.

Y/N snapped into action, raising her hands, red smoke began to form into balls around them.

She tilted her hands slightly and smoke began to rise under their feet wrapping itself around their legs in spirals, crawling up until their hands were pinned to their sides.

They struggled, trying to get out of the smoke's grip.

She nodded her head behind her signaling the crows to get out of there.

They all moved to stand behind her watching proudly.

Kaz watched, his lips curled up into a proud smile as he watched her hands fall into fists and the men crumple to the ground.

Dead.

Seeing them all fall to the floor instantly, his mouth fell open.

Jesper smirked, biting his tongue as he was about to make a snarky remark.

Y/N turned around and lowered her hood, she moved toward Kaz, smirking, "Close your mouth. You'll catch flies."

She tapped his jaw and kept walking past him as the rest of the group followed.

Kaz turned around and watched her as she laughed with Jesper over something he said.

He shook his head and walked to catch up with them.

~*~*~

Once they got back to the Slat she rushed up to her room to change.

After she changed she walked up to Kaz's room.

They always hung out in his room every night.

It was just their thing.

Not knocking, she pushed open the door and made her way to her chair.

She smirked at him. He rolled his eyes, not saying anything.

"Would I be wrong if I said that my boyfriend was impressed by my little display back there?"

He huffed and scanned over the blueprints on his table, trying to hide his smile.

She smiled and rested her chin on her hand leaning on the table, "I impressed you." She teased in a sing-song voice.

He looked up and smiled, "You always impress me,"

His smile turned into a smirk, "Magic girl."

She threw her head back and groaned, "I hate you."

He laughed, "No you don't. You love me."