Sunshine To His Storm

Y/n and Kaz Brekker.

The definition of opposites attract.

Kaz was this dark and brooding being while Y/N was literal sunshine.

When they first met Kaz would constantly get overwhelmed by her cheerful tone and her inabitily to see just how dark Ketterdam is. But after a while he grew fond of her rambling about her day or the slight skip in her step.

And then it got to a point where he couldn't go a day without seeing her bright smile.

As his tolerance for her went up his tall wall came down.

He became a softy for his wife, not that he would let anyone find out...

~*~

Y/N walked into the Slat, arms full of this week's groceries.

The rest of the crows were sitting down around the main room talking, "Hi, Y/N/N! You need any help?" Nina moved to help her when Y/N declined her offer.

She continued her walk to the kitchen when Kaz stood up and followed her swiftly, "I'll help you."

"Kaz, I said I got it- no, Kaz- okay, or not." She chuckled and followed him into the kitchen.

"Let me just take one! Please!"

"No. I got it."

They're voices faded as they got to the kitchen.

Jesper watched the whole scene wided eyed before turning to the rest of the group, "Did-did her just offer her help?"

Nina slowly nodded her head, "Yes...? I didn't even think that was possible... Even if she is his wife."

Matthias rolled his eyes, "Even if he is Kaz Brekker, I'm sure he has a heart..." Jesper and Nina gave him a look, "Okay, at least for his wife."

Inej couldn't wipe the fond smile off her face, "He really loves her. He would go to the end of the earth for her. I saw them cuddling on their couch one time."

Jesper's head snapped towards her, "What? When did you see that?"

She hummed in thought, "I think it was last week, Kaz asked me to bring him some details on something and when I came to their window Y/N was fast asleep while they both were on the couch. It was actually really sweet. I'm so glad Y/N decided to put up with his stubborn ass."

"Who's a stubborn ass?" Y/N chuckled as they walked back to the couch Kaz was sitting on before.

Kaz sat down and lifted his leg to rest on the coffee table infront of them as Y/N sat down next to him and slightly leaned into his side.

"No one. Anyway, how was your day Y/N/N?" Nina was quick to ask her with a smile.

"Oh, it was good! I went to the market to get groceries. Then on the way back I saw this man with a small crate of bunnies! Oh my saints! They were the cutest little things I've ever seen! Which leads me to my question," She turned to look at Kaz, "Can we go back and get one? I asked him how long he'll be there and he said for another two hours or so. He's still there! Please, Kaz! Can we get a bunny?"

He sighed, "Who's going to take care of it?"

Y/N smiled, "Well, I would! Please, Kaz?"

He ran a hand down his face, trying to hide his smile, "Okay, we'll get you that bunny."

Y/N jumped up and kissed his cheek, "Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!"

She ran to the hall closet to grab their coat, but before she rounded the corner she heard Jesper teasing Kaz, "You actually caved in."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yes you do! Just two weeks ago you said no pets. And now you are getting Y/N/N a bunny. You caved."

Nina, Wylan and Inej all laughed at Kaz's expense.

"I did no such thing."

Y/N smiled to herself.

She knew he became a softy for her, it wasn't hard to figure out. But it was funny hearing Jesper pick and poke at her husband.

"Okay, Kaz. Let's go!" She pulled him up and started walking towards the door.

Kaz muttered something that made Y/N throw her head back laughing before they were completely out of view from the rest of the group.

Nina smiled, "They really are good together, aren't they?"

"Yeah they are. It's funny though 'cause they are so opposite." Wylan chuckled.

Inej nodded, "She is the sunshine to his storm."