9/11 - A/N o7

9/11. A day where America suffered, a day where many people lost their loved ones, a day where America was attacked. I might not know much about 9/11 and I definitely wasn't a victim of that date. But I can assure you, I know of it. The day where the south and north World Trade Center towers were literally blown up by 2 planes with innocent people who were on those flights. The first tower to get hit was The North Tower at 8:46AM. Not even a full 20 minutes later but 17 minutes, the South Tower. It was hit at 9:03AM. The two flights with the innocent people aboard were American Airlines Flight 11 and United Airlines Flight 175. People who were on the ground either hid in stores or tried to find their loved ones. I believe the buildings were caught on fire, people inside the building tried to evacuate. Some had actually evacuated, others committing Suî€îdè up on the top floors. Both towers were later collapsing on other Trade Centers within an hour and two minutes.

Flights were being canceled and flights which were airborne were being sent to Canada or the closest airport. At 9:37AM, a third hijacked flight named America Airlines Flight 77 crashed into the west side of the Pentagon in Arlington County, Virginia. A partial bit of the building side. I don't know if any military people had been hurt or even killed in that process but I am hoping they didn't. Moments after that third attack, the fourth and final flight of these attacks was being made. United Airlines 93 was flying to the direction of Washington, D.C. The passengers of that flight had been alerted of the last three attacks and attempted to regain control of the airplane to not let it crash to its intended target. They were somewhat successful and were crashed into the field in Stonycreek Township, Pennsylvania near Shanksville at 10:03AM. It was determined that flight 93's target was either headed to the U.S. Capital or the White House.

With a bit of investigation for myself, I had found out that immediately after the attacks, suspicion had fallen into al-Qaeda. The United States formally responded by these attacks and declared war on Afghanistan to dispose of Taliban from Afghanistan and extradite their leader, Osama bin laden.

I don't know much about that afterwards, only knowing that we had won the war? I deeply don't know much about this topic even with the research I got. Though the amount of people who had lost their lives shook me to the core. Almost 3,000 people were killed, the exact number being 2,996. I believe a quarter of that number was from people jumping off the buildings of the World Trade Centers. I want to know a bit more of this topic, seeing as I know only the basics of it.

It might've been over 20 years ago, but learning it just last year was quite shocking to me. I've never heard of it but when I was taught this in an English class back in 6th grade, it had a special place in my heart. If I got any information wrong tell me please.
.
.
o7 I'm not good at writing at all, that's why I edit instead. But one thing I'm really good at is writing information texts. This wasn't my best informational writing seeing as I had only a bit of knowledge on this topic. Also, I posted this the day before 9/11 due to the fact we will all be busy that day. Wishing I could do more for 9/11, this is as much I can do for this day. It's a very special day for Americans but also a sad one. Thousands died and I honor them. I have a feeling in my guts that hadn't done enough for this date but yet I feel like I've completed this. And what other countries had done for this day, thank you.  o/

Writer: Moon
Editor: Moon

Words: 682