Chapter 36

[TW: Some torture in this scene. Read with caution!]

"Where are we?" I asked Lucius, my heart racing.

"Never mind that," Lucius said dismissively. 

Lucius paced around the room, deep in thought. I took this opportunity to glance at my surroundings, noticing a closed wooden door to my left. If I could somehow make it outside the door, but I needed my wand first. I noticed that Lucius had placed my wand on the table, well out of reach for me even if my hands were tied up. There were no windows in this room and it was quite possible we were in some sort of basement. The walls were stone and it was cold, my adrenaline keeping me warm. 

I struggled against my ropes, trying to get a feel of out tight they were. 

"Stop struggling," Lucius said, eyes narrowing in on me. "The more you struggle, the tighter they get." 

Sure enough, I felt the ropes dip into my skin and I stopped moving. 

"Lucius, what the hell are you doing?" I asked. 

"Quiet, girl," Lucius hissed.

"We had a good thing going New Year's Eve... What happened since then?" 

Lucius approached my chair, resting a hand on the back of the chair over my shoulder. He leaned into me, the look in his eyes sent a chill down my spin. He gently tilt me back in my chair until my feet lifted off the ground. With his free hand, he pointed his wand at my chest. 

"Tell me who you are," he commanded.

"You know who I am Lucius," I choked out. I tried swallowing but my throat was dry. 

"LIAR!" Lucius shouted, spit flying into my face. He let go of my chair and the legs fell back to the ground with a bang. He took a step back, wand still fixated on me. 

I started feeling genuinely afraid. He appeared crazed and deranged. 

"I apologize," Lucius said in a softer tone. "That was quite harsh, wasn't it?" 

"Please, Lucius," I pleaded. "I don't know who you think I am but I haven't lied about anything. Just let me go and I'll pretend this never happened." 

Lucius let out a harsh laugh. 

"Lucius-" 

"SHUT IT!" Lucius screamed, making the hairs on my arm stand up. "Let me think, dear." 

Lucius started pacing again. After nearly a minute in silence, I came up with a new plan.

"Severus will come looking for me," I said. "You know he will. He'll kill you to find me." 

Lucius stopped pacing to look at me, considering my threat. 

"Severus won't be able to find you, my dear," Lucius said. "Besides, he knows what must be done."  Lucius continued to stare at my face for a few more moments before speaking again. "Is this not fun for you?" 

"Not really," I answered. 

"What a pity," Lucius sneered. Lucius took my wand and shoved it back in his pocket. "Up," he ordered me as he used his wand to remove the ropes. 

I stood up hesitantly. Lucius approached me and grabbed my arm.

"I think we could use you," Lucius said. 

"For what?" 

"Perhaps I will be rewarded for handing him a spy," Lucius continued, oblivious to me. 

"I'm not a spy," I said. "You'll probably be punished for wasting his time." 

"Crucio!" Lucius shouted, his wand inches from my chest.

A sharp pain shot from my chest and reverberated all through my body. I collapsed onto the ground, my body twitching in pain. It felt like a million lightning bolts were constantly striking me. The pain continued, and I cried out, unable to contain any sound. "STOP!" I shouted. I needed the pain to stop. I couldn't think straight and closed my eyes. 

After what felt like an eternity, the pain starting going away. I continued laying on the ground, my body aching from the curse. 

Lucius crouched down beside me. "Will you be quiet now?" 

I kept my mouth shut, afraid to speak. 

"Good," Lucius muttered, standing up straight. "Get up." He kicked my side.

I forced myself to get up as my body protested every movement. Once I was fully upright, Lucius took hold of my arm again. I couldn't help but lean into him slightly, exhausted from the pain. The panic that was there before was replaced with hopelessness. No one knew where I was, not even me. 

The door to the room flung open and a woman came in. Her black hair was wild and messy, and she was dressed in complete black. She looked familiar but I couldn't place her.

"Lucius-" she began. "Ooh, who do we have here?" she said in a sing-song voice. "Someone for me to play with?" 

There was something sinister about her. 

"Not now Bellatrix," Lucius said in hushed tones. Bellatrix. One of the escaped prisoners. 

"Come on Lucius," Bellatrix said, grinning. Her teeth were nearly black and decayed. "You wouldn't want Narcissa to know you've been playing with girls again, would you?" 

"Leave Narcissa out of this," Lucius threatened. 

"You're no fun," Bellatrix said, crossing her arms. "So who is she?" 

Bellatrix got so close to me I could smell her. She was peering into my eyes. 

"What did you do to her, Lucius?" Bellatrix asked. "Can I have a turn?" 

I spit in her face. There was a moment of shock before she wiped at her face with her sleeve. Lucius smiled as he let go of my arm. 

"You should not have done that, dear," Lucius said, taking a step back.

Before I even processed this, Bellatrix had drawn her wand and pointed it at me.

"Crucio!" she shouted. 

The familiar pain was back, and I collapsed onto the floor again. I screamed, pleading with the world to make it end. I was breathing in dust from the floor, unable to turn my body. Once the pain subsided, I was able to turn on my back, breathing heavily. Bellatrix was looking down at me. 

"Shall we keep going?" she said.

"No, Bellatrix," Lucius said, "I want her alive for when I hand her to the Dark Lord." 

Please, let Lucius take me away from her.  I didn't think I could handle the pain anymore. 

"I don't think she's learned her lesson," Bellatrix squeaked. 

"Don't overdo it," Lucius warned her slowly.

"Crucio!" Bellatrix screamed again. 

My body writhed in pain, not able to take it anymore. "Please stop!" I yelled, as every part of my body ached and pleaded with me to make it stop. "Please!" 

"Since you've asked so nicely," I heard Bellatrix say from somewhere that felt faraway. "Crucio!" 

Then everything went black.