Chapter 7

I walked back into the Gryffindor common room completely fuming. I was so angry at how he could just make me feel wanted, desired, then throw me away. I understood the possible risks he's taking, but he could at least talk to me, let me in on what he's thinking. I felt so secluded from him, yet he made me feel so close.

I dropped into a seat by the fireplace, where George, Fred and Mack sat.

"You ok?" Mack asked, gently touching my arm.

"Yeah, why are you back so soon from detention with Snape?" Fred wondered. "Usually he keeps his victims for hours."

"I'm fine," I lied. "Snape's a prick so I left early."

My friends stared at me, dumbfounded.

"Really?" George asked.

"I'm going to bed," I got up and went to my dorm.

Mack didn't follow and I thanked her for it. I didn't trust my anger not to reveal anything. I sat in bed and browsed the book I borrowed from Snape, my mind half on the book and half on Snape. I felt so angry and I didn't know what to do with my anger. I wanted to go find him and yell at him. Make him feel the way he made me feel; small and insignificant. Hot, angry tears threatened to spill. I shut the book and buried my head in my pillow.

I must have fell asleep at some point, because I awoke to Mack rousing me.

"You coming to breakfast?" she asked.

I grudgingly got up and walked down to breakfast with Mack. After breakfast, the twins, Mack, Lexie, Spencer and I found a bench in one of the corridors facing the open courtroom and sat here, talking. Mack, Lexie and myself were on the bench, while Spencer and Fred sat on the ground facing us, and George leaned against the wall. Since it was Sunday, students were outside, enjoying the sun, or walking around. Mack and Spencer were arguing about a test answer when I heard a deep voice approaching. Snape came around the corner, talking to a younger student The student was holding a textbook and looking at Snape with fear. The pair stopped short of us, and Snape's eyes met mine. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but it seemed like Snape brushed off the student and started walking the other way.

"I'll be back," I said to my group.

I got up and hurried after him. His pace quickened, but I kept up easily enough. Once we got out of earshot of most of the students and were headed towards the dungeons, I tried to get his attention.

"Professor," I said.

His pace quickened so I tried again.

"Sir," I said even louder.

He continued to ignore me. I was right on his heels, I could probably reach out a hand and grab his arm. I was getting annoyed.

"Severus," I shouted.

He spun around incredibly quickly, grabbed my arm and dragged me into a nearby, secluded corridor. This corridor was rather narrow and never used. It was darker here. He turned me to face him, our bodies were inches from each other.

"Never call me that again," he said angrily. His face was scrunched up, I'd never seen him so hostile.

"Maybe don't ignore me then," I said stubbornly.

"What do you want, Miss l/n?"

"What do you think I want? What the hell was last night?" The anger was starting to boil over again. "You can't do that to someone! Pretend you want them, then act like they don't exist. I'm so sick of these games."