Chapter 21

On my third night at Grimmauld Place, Snape stayed for dinner. The twins, Ron and Harry were quiet most of the dinner, clearly wary of our guest. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley eyed him curiously, as this was the first time he has ever accepted an invitation to stay for dinner. Sirius looked annoyed the entire time. Most of the dinner was comprised of forced conversation and awkward comments. I knew Snape was staying for dinner so he could conveniently forget something of his and if he got caught here late at night, he would have an excuse.

"Dinner was great mum," Fred said, rubbing his stomach.

"Phenomenal," George agreed.

"Don't mean to be rude," Fred went on, "But we have to be somewhere."

The twins, Ron and Harry got up to leave. George stopped short of the door and turned back.

"Y/n," he said. "You coming?"

I could sense Snape's annoyance, knowing that George had kissed me that one time. I ignored him, and got up to leave with them.

We went into the twins' room. I sat on Fred's bed next to him, George took up his own bed with Harry, and Ron sat cross-legged on the floor.

"Why is he here?" Ron asked.

"I don't trust him," Harry said.

"Teachers should stay at school where they belong," Ron continued. "It irks me to see them outside of class."

"He's a person, Ron," I said. "He doesn't just stay behind his desk all the time." He also stands over his desk while he fucks me.

"I don't like it," Ron said.

"Enough of that," Fred said, turning to me. "Tell us about the meeting today."

"It's the same as always," I told him. "Everyone just reports information that isn't very useful, then the meeting ends."

"There's zero chance that's what happens for 2 hours," Fred shot up.

"I'm serious," I said. "Once in a while, Snape and Sirius argue. That's about it. It's honestly boring."

"Well," George said, "Why has Dumbledore been talking to you alone?"

"It's not alone," I said, annoyed at how often I've repeated myself. "Snape's there."

"What are they saying though?" Ron chimed in.

"Guys, please stop asking me," I said, sighing. "I've told you everything I'm going to tell you. It's a mission Dumbledore wants me to do for the Order but I can't say more than that."

"C'mon y/n," Fred whined. "What's the point of having you in the Order if you won't tell us anything?"

"I'm just following orders, Fred," I said. "Can you guys let it go?"

The boys started talking about some Quidditch match and I slipped out of the room. I rested my elbows against the railing, and put my head in my hands, taking a deep breath. Another secret I have to keep from my friends. I felt the weight of it on my chest. I walked downstairs to see that Snape had already left.

Late that night, Snape snuck into my room, making me jump even though I was expecting him. He approached my bed where I was sitting and cupped my face in his hands. He brought his lips to mine and started kissing me.