XIX: VISIT

warning
this chapter contains themes of sa. it's very brief and doesn't go far like at all, but i feel the need to put a tw anyway. there's also talk of aria's ED near the end.

It was finally the last week of filming. For the past month, Aria had been doing pretty strenuous scenes. They had one and a half episodes left to film. They weren't too bad, they were mainly focused on the aftermath of the apocalypse, so there was no running from or shooting zombies.

They wrapped up filming early one day. Aria decided to go back to her trailer and call her friends instead of hanging out with other. She hadn't called much over the weeks, mainly spending time with Jenna, Malia and Ava.

She sat down on the couch and texted her friend, offering to call. She frowned when she got no response, but figured they were all busy.

She got up to head to Jenna's trailer, figuring Malia and Ava would already be there. Before she reached the door, someone knocked on it. She answered it to see Ava.

"Oh, hi, Ava. I was just about to head out to see you," Aria said, letting Ava in.

"Wow, it's like we're psychically connected. How are you doing?" Ava asked.

"I'm doing well. I was about to call my friends, but none of them are replying to my text, so," Aria shrugged.

"Totally fake," Ava said.

"No, they're probably just busy."

"I know, I know. I was kidding. Listen, Aria, me and you need to talk."

"We do? What's up?"

Ava put a hand on Aria's leg. Aria didn't think anything of it, Ava's love language seemed to be physical touch, and they'd became pretty close. It seemed like a platonic thing.

"I feel like you've been sending me signals," Ava said, moving her hand further up Aria's leg.

"What kind of signals?"

"Don't act clueless, Ari. I know you and Tristan haven't been great lately. You don't show it, but I can read you pretty well, and you're not secure about the relationship."

"I am..."

"I'm not stupid. I see the way you look at me. How you allow me to hug you so often, and hold your hand. It's like you can't keep your eyes off of me."

Aria shifted uncomfortably. "I thought that was your way of showing friendship. I didn't realise you had romantic feelings for me. I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong impression, Ava, but I really don't feel the same way."

"Oh, come on. You're only saying that because you don't wanna hurt Tristan. You already did. He knows there's something between us, so just let him go. Me and you have so much chemistry, meanwhile you've barely made an effort to talk to him in almost two months."

"I've been busy."

"Busy with me," Ava said as she cupped Aria's face and began to lean in.

"Ava, stop."

Aria felt guilt set in at Ava's words. She knew she didn't have romantic feelings for Ava, but had she really gave that impression? Did Tristan really think she was cheating? Before anything could go further, the door opened, revealing Aria's friends.

"Tristan, its not what it looks like, I-" Aria began, but Tristan already knew that.

"I know. We heard the whole thing. Get the fuck off my girlfriend, Ava," Tristan said.

Ava didn't move. Suddenly, Tatum jumped forward, pulling Ava away from Aria and lunching her in the jaw. She knocked her to the ground, but was pulled away by Miguel before she could do any more damage.

Tristan ran towards Aria and took her into his arms. She tucked her face into his neck as she cried. "I'm so sorry, Tris. I didn't realise how upset I was making you. I promise there's nothing going on. I told her to stop. I'm so glad you guys came in, I'm scared she-"

"I know, I know. It's okay, she's gone now. I'm here," Tristan held onto Aria, stroking her hair.

Aria looked up, her eyes landing on Tatum's hands. "Jesus, Tay. You only hit her once," Aria laughed, wiping tears from her eyes.

"She's just lucky Miguel wasn't in one of his moods," Tatum jokes

"I would've fucked her shit up," Miguel said. He seemed more serious that Tatum did.

"I think we all would've, given the chance," Brady said. Everyone nodded in agreement. Even Maddy and Becca, who seemed to be the most peaceful out of the group.

"I'm sorry if I've been distant with you guys. I guess Ava really got in my head. I thought we were friends, but I clearly gave her the wrong impression," Aria said.

"Aria, it's not your fault," Becca said.

Maddy nodded, "Some people are just awful."

"Do you feel better now?" Mason asked. Aria nodded.

"I'm glad you guys got here when you did," Aria said.

"Me too. I'm never gonna let anyone get that close to hurting you ever again," Tristan said, wiping tears from Aria's face.

"I'm gonna go change into my pyjamas," Aria said, heading to her bedroom.

Tristan gave her a few minutes, before walking to the bedroom himself. "Hey, you're decent right?" He said as he opened the door slightly.

"Yes, Tristan. I'm decent. You can come in," she said. Tristan walked into the room an over to Aria. He out his hands in his waist to kiss her, but instead realised how thin she'd gotten. "What's the matter?" Aria asked when she saw the look on his face.

"You were lying to me when you said you just didn't eat in front of people. Aria, what have you been eating these past two months?"

"Tristan, what?"

"I've seen all of the comments you've been getting, and now you've lost a significant amount of weight. Please, just be honest with me. I wanna help."

Aria hugged Tristan, crying into his chest. He kept her in his arms, moving them over to the bed. "I'm sorry," she said. "You're right. I've been letting the comments get to me. I've barely been eating, and I've been trying my hardest not to look at myself in the mirror. I don't wanna eat, I just do it so I don't pass out."

"Aria, you don't need to apologise. I just need you to know that you can talk to me. To us. I wanna help you, okay? But I can't so that if we don't communicate."

"Okay. Thank you. I promise I'll try."

"And I promise I'll help you. You mean so much to me, I don't wanna lose you."

"You never will."