XVIII: JEALOUSY

Tristan stared down at his phone. Cutie? He knew he shouldn't take Ava's comment so seriously. The girls in their group always complimented each other, surely Ava was no different.

"Don't get so worked up about it, Tris," Tatum said. The whole group was on a group call. Aria was meant to join, but she was busy as per usual.

"How do I not get worked up about it? She didn't call me because she was hanging with Ava, even though shes always with Ava, and now this? It's nit what Ava said, Tay, it's how Ari replied. She gets a whole message for calling he cute and I get a singular heart? Tell me that doesn't look suspicious," Tristan said.

"Don't they only play best friends, though?" Miguel asked.

"It doesn't matter about their characters, Miguel. It's about them off set. I'm not worried in the slightest about Malia and Jenna. It's Ava."

"They're friends, Tristan," Brady attempted to reassure him.

"I know, I know. I'm just being insecure. I guess being away from her for so long is starting to take affect on me."

"We get it," Maddy said.

"Yeah," Becca chimed in, "Don't beat yourself up about it."

"We should see her soon," Mason said. "Like, when she's almost done with filming, like we did with Tatum."

"It's a little early for that. She's only been gone two weeks," Tristan said.

"It feels like forever," Brady said.

"Right? Man, I miss her."

Two weeks later, now a month into filming, they were still on the earlier episodes

Two weeks later, now a month into filming, they were still on the earlier episodes. Aria began worrying for time, scared that she'd have ti be filming for longer, but the director's reassured her that it would speed up soon.

"All of this running from zombies has me tired out," Aria laughed.

"Well, you better prepare," Jenna said, "First big fight scene tomorrow. You excited?"

"More nervous than anything. I've never filmed anything like that before."

"You'll look totally badass, though," Malia said.

"Hey," Ava said, walking up to Aria and putting an arm around her shoulder.

"Hi," Aria greeted her.

"We should go out. Like, out out. We can take the train into the city."

"What do you mean by out out? Like drinking?"

"No, Aria. Shopping. God, we're not twenty one."

"That didn't stop thirteen year old me," Aria laughed, "Sorry, not funny. But okay. Let me go get changed."