XVI: ARRIVAL

"Can I get you anything to eat?" The air hostess asked Aria.

"No, thank you," Aria smiled, turning back to the book she was reading. She'd set off early in the morning, but everyone had still came to say goodbye. Even Tristan, who'd probably only had three hours of sleep.

She'd tried her hardest to hold back tears, thinking only about the positives. She'd be away for two months, which surprised her considering there were ten thirty minute episodes they had to film. She expected it to be longer, but she wasn't complaining.

Her mind kept going back to Tristan, how upset he seemed when seeing her off. She tried not to think about it, and thought about how proud he'd said he was instead. She smiled at the thought of him, sitting back and waiting for the plane to take off.

 She smiled at the thought of him, sitting back and waiting for the plane to take off

As Aria made her way out of the airport, she got out her phone to text everyone.

the best cast📞

ARIA🪐
hi guys

TRIS☀️
HI
HI
HI
i miss you
are you off the plane

BRADY⚡️
she wouldn't be texting if she was
still on the plane idiot
they don't have service in the sky

TAYTAY🌙
did you meet jenna yet

ARIA🪐
no
i'm outside the airport
waiting for the car to come get me
they took my bags already

TAYTAY🌙
that's weird
why would they take tour bags b4
they took you

ARIA🪐
idk but i'm rlly excited

MASON⭐️
to kiss jenna ortega?

TRIS☀️
shut up mason

BECCA🌟
LMAO
jealous bf era

ARIA🪐
car is here
i'll text you guys later
love you

Aria smiled as she greeted the driver, who drover her to the set. They weren't filming anything today, but she couldn't go straight to her trailer as she had to meet the rest of the cast.

She met the directors and cast member, including Jenna, and exchanged numbers with all of them. Her other love interest, the one who died, was played by Malia Baker. Another cast member was Dylan Obrien. His character was an asshole. The rest of the cast was mainly new actors.

When she went back to her trailer, it was already dark out, and Aria was absolutely exhausted. She got a text and looked at her phone. It was a text from one of the cast members. A new actress, her name was Ava.

private messages

UNKNOWN
hi!
it's ava
i play amelia
this is aria, right? as in blair?

ARIA🪐
yep its me:)
it was nice meeting you today

AVA:)
you too!

Aria smiled at her phone. She'd met Ava first and spent most of her time around her. She figured they'd be good friends. Ava's character was named Amelia, and was best friends with Blair, Aria's character.

She was just about to sleep, before another message popped up.

private messages

TRIS☀️
make any new besties?

ARIA🪐
this girl called ava
we play best friends in the show so
it helps to be friends irl too
everyone is super nice tho

TRIS☀️
thats great
i rlly miss u tho:(
can we ft?

ARIA🪐
i'm rlly tried rn tris
i've has a long day
maybe tomorrow?

TRIS☀️
oh okay
well goodnight
i love you

ARIA🪐
lyt

Aria took one more look through her notifications, before putting down her phone and going to sleep.

On the other end was Tristan, who stared down at Aria's message. 'Lyt'. She couldn't even type the whole thing out. "What's up?" Brady asked him. They were having a sleepover for the third day in a row. Tristan and Brady were the last ones left awake, although Brady was half asleep and would probably be snoring within the next five minutes.

"Nothing. Just missing Ari I guess," Tristan replied.

"You'll be fine," Brady said, before turning around to go to sleep. He was snoring within minutes. Tristan continued to stare at the message. He scrolled up. She hadn't messaged him all day. The only reason they'd spoke was because he texted first.

He wondered what Ava was like. Was she pretty? How did she act with Aria? Were they already close? He rolled his eyes at himself, feeling stupid for getting insecure so quickly.

He checked the time. It was one am. He decided to put down his phone before turning over to sleep himself. His sleep was restless, he was awake pretty much all night and was tossing and turning.

Aria, on the other hand, slept peacefully, not realising how much one message could have hurt her (already insecure) boyfriend's feelings.

author speaks
hi guys! sorry for the short chapter again. ik its becoming a common thing, but i don't wanna out too much into one chapter lol.

anyway i rlly hate aria in this chapter😬😬😬