VII: DRUNK TEXT

Aria's week in Cyprus went by quicker than she planned. She stuck to what she said about texting everyday. She'd kept everyone and their mother updated on every single thing she did, like any teenage girl would do on vacation.

The last night, she spent the night in the bar. She hadn't actually drank all week, but her mom's friend suggested this one place, so they decided to go there before they left.

Her mom wouldn't usually let her drink, but she figured since it was legal, and it was only one night, Aria could go off and order what she wanted. Boy, did she drink. She felt like her fourteen year old self at a house party (2019 was certainly a rough year). The fact that she was a light weight didn't help.

After tons drinks, certainly too many to count, her mother, who was luckily sober, decided it would be best to take her back to the hotel . "I never thought I'd see the day when my daughter got more drunk than me," her mom said, as she walked out of the door of Aria's room and into her own.

"It's night," Aria corrected her as she flopped onto her bed. She pull out her phone to text Tristan.

private messages

ARIA🪐
hi

TRIS☀️
hey
why are you up?
isn't it like 3am over there?
you should get some sleep

ARIA🪐
i wrnt out
nice barr

TRIS☀️
oh shit
are you drunk

ARIA🪐
only a bit🤏🏻
least im not skinny dipping
maybe i should
lpl

TRIS☀️
please do not go skinny
dipping

ARIA🪐
😋😋😋
srry wrong emoj
🙄🙄🙄
i think i lied im super drink
actuslly

TRIS☀️
ur okay tho right?

ARIA🪐
yes lol
ur si cute
always looking after me
i lov you

TRIS☀️
i love you too, ari
but please drink some water
and go to sleep
you're gonna be hungover on
the plane

ARIA🪐
let me tell you soemthing
let me tell you something
oops
i didng wanna say that 2
but let me tell you

TRIS☀️
no aria
go to sleep

ARIA🪐
GRJGIF
😞
ok
goodnight hot stuff
lov youuuuuu

TRIS☀️
goodnight

Aria dropped her phone onto the ground and fell asleep within a minute, not bothering to change out of the uncomfortable clothes she was wearing.

On the other side of the world, Tristan sat staring at his phone. He wanted to know what Aria was gonna say, but she was drunk, and he didn't want her saying something she'd regret.

"What's got you so lost in thought?" Brady asked. They were all sat on the beach together. For a minute, Tristan had forgotten other people were there.

"Nothing, Aria was texting me," Tristan replied, putting his phone down next to him.

"Aria? Isn't it like three am in Cyprus?" Becca asked.

"Oh my God," Mason said. "I was so right, she'd drunk texting. What did she say?"

"Nothing important. Just that she went to a nice bar, with a double r. She's sleeping now, I hope."

"She's gonna be hung over when we get reunited with her," Maddy complained.

"Who knows? Maybe she doesn't get hangovers," Miguel suggested.

"I hope not. I don't want her throwing up on me when I go in for a hug."

Tristan lay back on his towel, drowning out everyone talking about Aria's return. He couldn't get it off his mind. What had he wanted to tell her? Was she serious, or was it just the alcohol taking?

 What had he wanted to tell her? Was she serious, or was it just the alcohol taking?

The next morning, Aria was confused about the text she'd sent Tristan. She read it over and over again, trying to figure out what it was that her drunken self wanted to tell him.

She rolled her eyes, figuring it was something stupid. She looked around the airport. Her mom had already gone home, but Aria wanted to meet with her friends.

She looked at the group chat. They hadn't texted all morning.

the best cast📞

ARIA🪐
where are you guys?

No reply. She frowned at her phone, about to text her mom to pick her up, before feeling to hands grab onto her shoulders.

She turned around, only just getting the chance to see Tristan's face before being sweeped off her feet by him into a hug. "Jesus Christ, Tris. It's been a week!"

"A week too long," Tristan replied, putting her down. "I missed that face."

"Don't get soppy," she said. She turned to the rest of the group. "Hi," she said. They all greeted her with hugs.

"Did you go skinny dipping?" Mason asked.

"No, thank God. I'm surprised I'm not hung over." Aria laughed.

The group spent a few more minutes in the airport, before finally deciding to leave. Aria missed Cyprus already, but she much preferred to be around her friends.

authors speaks
sorry this chapter is shorter than usual, idk what else to add lol