XV: ROLE

author speaks
hi guys! idk what its like when you get offered a role in a show so i'm gonna act like it's done vis email plz don't come at me if i'm wrong. (also the whole filming process and stuff is gonna be rushed like it was with tatum's bc i don't want massive time skips in the book so sorry)

"What are you screaming about? Jesus Christ!" Miguel asked Aria, who stared down at her phone with joy in her eyes.

Tristan leaned over his girlfriend's shoulder, reading an email she'd gotten. "Oh my God, you got a role?"

"Kind of. I still have to audition, but the fact that I've been offered it means I'm more likely to get it. I think. I don't really know how this thing works," Aria said, not peeling her eyes away from the email.

"What's the show?" Miguel asked.

"I don't know if I can say. Oh well. It's called A."

"A for what?"

"I mean, looking at the description I'm gonna assume A for Apocalypse."

"Holy shit," Tatum said, "Aria in a zombie film?"

"Not a film. A show," Aria corrected her.

"Wait, a show?" Tristan asked, "Doesn't that mean it'll take longer to film?"

"I don't know. Probably."

"Well, what's the character like?" Tristan asked. Aria handed him the phone and he read through the brief description of Aria's possible character. "Why does she have two love interests?"

"One of them probably died," Aria said.

"So you're gonna be kissing two other people?"

"Who said anything about kissing them?" Tristan gave her a look. "Tristan. It's acting. No guy could be a better kisser than you."

"Yeah, thats good to know and all, but it doesn't help considering the love interests are both girls."

"Oh. Well, no girl could be a better kisser than you, either."

"Get a room," Maddy said.

"Listen, Tris. I went away for two months and kissed Noah Schnapp and me and Miguel are still going strong. Aria's not gonna fall in love with some random girl. All she's gonna be thinking about is you," Tatum said.

Aria nodded. Tristan seemed to feel a bit better about the whole thing. "You should do it."

The next day, Aria filmed her audition tape and sent it off

The next day, Aria filmed her audition tape and sent it off. They told her she'd get a reply within the next week. Waiting for a reply was tedious, and she was sat on the couch with Tristan when she finally got it.

Her mom was out, again, meaning her friends were coming over. Tristan was there first, as per usual. They lay cuddling on the couch when Aria's phone chined.

She opened up her emails, crossing her fingers and silently praying that it was something positive. "Oh my God," she said.

"What's up?" Tristan asked. Aria handed him the phone and he jumped up from the couch upon reading the email. Aria jumped up with him as he pulled her in for a hug. "Holy shit, I'm so proud of you! I love you so-" Tristan stopped what he was saying. Aria stared at him. Before either could say anything else, the rest of the group walked in.

"What's with the tension?" Brady asked.

Aria handed Brady her phone. Everyone read the email over his shoulder. They all ran in to hug Aria as Tristan watched. He felt like he'd fucked up. They'd only been dating for just over three weeks and he'd already pulled out one of the biggest words you could say in a relationship.

The group pulled apart. "We should watch some zombie films," Becca suggested. "To get you in the mood. When do you leave?"

Aria checked the email, her eyes growing wider. "What the actual fuck? Three days! Thats such short notice I-"

Before Aria could start getting angry, Tatum stopped her, "Lets make the most out if the three days, then."

Everyone sat down, Tristan sitting away from Aria for the first time in what felt like forever. Miguel got up from his seat to go to the bathroom, motioning for Tristan to follow him.

When they got into the bathroom, Miguel closed the door behind them. "I feel like the inly time we ever talk anymore is in Aria's bathroom," Tristan said.

"What is going on? You've been weird. When we walk in, you and Aria were stood in silence, and now you're not sat together. If this has something to do with Aria going off to film-" Miguel began.

"I told her I love her. She didn't say it back, she just stared. Now I feel like I've fucked up and made her uncomfortable. I mean, its been just over three weeks. It feels like I'm rushing into things and-"

"Have you talked to her?"

"What am I meant to say? Sorry that I love you?"

"No, but that sounds really poetic."

"Not funny, Miguel," Tristan said. He walked out of the bathroom, figuring Miguel wouldn't be much help.

He walked back into the living room, followed by Miguel, and watched the rest of the film they were watching.

When they went to bed, he followed Aria to her room. "I'm sorry," he said.

"For what?" Aria asked.

"For what I said earlier. I know it might feel rushed, I just let it slip out and-"

Aria pulled Tristan into her and cut him off with a kiss on the lips. She stepped back and sat down on the bed, followed by Tristan. "I love you, too."