A Glimpse Into The Past

(This chapter actually takes place before Briar came to Auradon. And Hades had some form of old-fashioned telephone, he just destroyed it later on. This is why Mal said '...I guess you don't have a phone in her duet with Hades.)

~5 years ago on the Isle of the Lost in Hade's hideout/ home~

THIRD PERSON'S POV:

        Hades stood in the doorway to Briar's room with a bitter smile on his face. 'I am the God of the Underworld and now I have to raise a child, which my ex-wife stole, or should I say kidnapped' He thought angrily. Don't get him wrong, he loved Briar and her evil wits, he just can't let Maleficent know about it. He wasn't too thrilled about his bachelor pad being ruined by having another child around all the time but he put up with it, he knew she would be a lot better off with him than Maleficent anyway.

        He smirked to himself and walked over to her, grabbing a pillow from the floor where she had thrown it and slamming it against her stomach, causing the young girl to cry out in shock and shoot up out of bed. "Wake up, princess." He said as he put the pillow next to her.

        "No! Let me sleep!" She grunted as she turned away from him.

        "No, get up now Briar Evelyn! God." He sighed in annoyance, the fun has run out pretty quickly.

        "Fine, I'm up, are you happy now?" She sneered with an eye roll as she shoved him out of her room and slammed the door in his face, starting to get ready for the day.

        Hades decided to play the father figure and began cooking breakfast when his phone rang, the number was Maleficent's and he sighed. Rolling his eyes and answering it. "Hello Hades, how have you been?" Maleficent sneered, obviously detesting the niceties.

        "I have been fine." He answered calmly as he poked an egg with his spatula.

        "And how is the girl... whatever her name is?" Maleficent asked.

        "Her name is Briar for your information, and how is Mal?" He questioned quickly losing interest in the conversation.

        "Oh, her. She is fine, she is quite evil... I suppose." Maleficent responded, obviously trying not to sound proud of their daughter.

        "Oh, Briar is here, do you want to talk to her?" Hades asked as he caught sight of the girl entering the room.

        "Sure." She answered boredly.

        Briar took the phone and tried to hide her annoyance as she was met with a sharp 'hello' from her mother.

        "Hi, mom." Briar greeted in an annoyed tone. "So, how's Mal?" 

        "Oh, she's fine," Maleficent answered, the conversation quickly got boring as Briar rolled her eyes.

        "Have to go now, talk later." She said before hanging up the phone on her as Hades laughed from across the room.

        "That's my girl!" He praised as he shared a smirk with Briar.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUDREY'S POV: 

        I walked into our Briar's dorm and looked over to my half of the room, it was completely empty of my things except for my notebook which I had forgotten. As I picked it up a knock sounded at the door, I opened it to reveal Chad who looked like he hadn't slept in weeks.

        "Briar I am so sorry I cheated on you, I just wanted one last fling before I marry you!" Chad waltzed in not realizing Briar wasn't here.

        "Chad, Briar isn't here. I don't know where she went, she didn't leave any letter explaining where she is." I explained as he looked up at me with tears in his eyes, looking lost.

        "Audrey, do you think I blew it with her?" Chad questioned as he ran a hand through his hair.

        "Yeah..." I answered honestly, acknowledging that I also messed up.

        "Do you think she told her parents? I wonder what they must think?" Chad wondered as he sat down on her bed, running his hand over the sheets. I grinned as an idea hit me, I pulled out my phone and started to dial Briar's number "Audrey! You can't call them now it's like 10 at night!" I sighed and closed my phone, putting it in my pocket before walking out the room and down the hall to my own. I made sure he didn't follow me before I walked in and shut the door behind me, instantly catching sight of the crown and sceptre as I let out an evil laugh.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~5 years ago on the Isle of the Lost in Hade's hideout/ home~

HADE'S POV:

        "Briar, we need to talk." I sat down beside her bed.

        "But there's nothing to talk about." Briar moped sadly. "I want mom to notice me, dad!"  

        "Okay Briar, I will leave you be. Before I do that, let me tell you, dreaming won't heal your pain." I swiftly wrapped my hand around Briar's neck as she choked and screamed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BELLE'S POV:

        I woke up and got dressed and walked down the hallway with the intent to see how Briar was doing as I opened the door to hear Briar screaming, she suddenly jumped up and I rushed to her side. "It's okay" I hugged her tightly as she continued to cry.

        As she finally calmed down Briar proceeded to explain how she had a dream about Hades trying to kill her.

        Dreams are signals of reality, should I be concerned about this?