Family Day

EVIE'S POV:

After the whole incident at the tourney game, Mal and I had spoken to Briar about the whole lying to her thing and managed to somehow gain her forgiveness. We're both determined to not ruin our friendship with her, she had always been an amazing friend to us and I was so happy when she asked me to make her a dress. We sat in mine and Mal's room together currently as I finished sewing, it's family day and Briar is so nervous to meet her parents for the first time since she can remember.

"Hey, Briar!" I called, gaining her attention. "So I finished the dress and found some cute shoes with one of the crowns that I managed to bring to Auradon." She smiled thankfully. "I can't believe you're going to find out today if you really are the lost princess of Auradon all thanks to Mal!" I exclaimed with a grin.

"I still can't believe I let that slip out so quickly, I mean, I can keep a secret but why did I do it?" Mal shrugged with a smile at our friend. "Maybe it was the shock after Ben's love confession? Wow, I really am a disappointment." Mal admitted with a sigh.

Briar stood and walked towards Mal. "You are anything but a disappointment, don't let Maleficent's idiotic words get to you."

Mal shrugged as I held up the dress, presenting it to them. "Well, Briar, what do you think?" I asked as she took it out of my hands and examined it.

"I think it's beautiful." She grinned. "Thank you, Evie, I'm going to go get changed. Mind if I use your bathroom?" She asked.

"No problem, go ahead." I smiled, feeling proud of myself.

BRIAR'S POV:

I held the fabric of the dress in my hands as I walked into the bathroom and shut the door behind me. Placing the dress carefully on the side of the bath I looked around the darkly coloured room. All I could see was blue, purple, black, and a 'LONG LIVE EVIL' poster.

"Some people really don't change huh?" I giggled. I pulled in the dress and smiled at my reflection in the mirror, slipping on the shoes she had left for me and placing the crown delicately on my head. Evie did my hair and make-up earlier on before finishing the dress. I looked over myself, I looked like a true princess. My parents are surely going to recognize me when they see me.

I took a deep breath before opening the door to the bathroom and walking back into the bedroom. They both turned to me and froze as I stood there. "Damn." Mal grinned, breaking the silence.

"You're gonna be the center of attention today Briar!" Evie complimented as she gave me a hug.

"Thanks." I smiled nervously.

"Don't forget the necklace!" Mal exclaimed suddenly.

"Necklace?" I asked, looking between them.

Evie nodded and took a heart locket out of a small, silk bag. "You came to Auradon with this, we believe your mother gave it to you." She went behind me and placed the cold locket around my neck, clasping it and returning to the front of me. I lifted a hand and held it, memories of my mother giving it to me flushing into my mind as I smiled. "You can use it if they ask for proof."

Tears built up in my eyes as I grabbed Evie in a hug. "Thank you," I muttered into her shoulder as she smiled widely.

"It's fine, it's yours anyway, we're just returning it." She pulled away and held my hands. "Now don't cry, you'll ruin your makeup and it took me forever to do that." She scolded as I laughed.