ꜱ:1 ᴇᴘ: 2 ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 6: ᴇʏᴇ'ᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ᴀ ʙᴀᴅ ꜰᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜɪꜱ.

"I survived on scraps." Five told us as I took in this information slowly.

"Canned food, cockroaches, anything I could find." He laughed slightly

"You know that rumour that twinkies have an endless shelf life? Well, it's total bullshit." He said sipping his coffee.

"I can't even imagine." Viktor slouched forward as I stayed quiet for once. Usually I would have made a comment on him eating bugs, or being a 58 year old virgin. But, nope I just kept my trap shut.

"You do whatever it takes to survive, or you die. So we adapted. Whatever the world threw at us we found a way to overcome it." Wait us? Who the fuck was us? Was I there?

"We?" Viktor asked and I leaned forward waiting to hear the answer

"You got anything stronger?" He asked and I scoffed. Viktor walked off to get five Vodka.

"So. I'm guessing I died." I said and he looked up at me.

"I never thought you would take a guess at anything Y/n." He said before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a piece of paper. It was a picture of me, I was standing in a casino holding a wad of cash. The date on the picture was today?
The headline read
'Local ex-Millionaire dies leaving behind a legacy of love and money.' I died?

"Where did you get this?" I said gulping down my tears.

"I found it in the apocalypse. Y/n you died before it happened. You died, today. I was hoping when I got back that I could save your sorry ass but, you haven't died. That's what those men tried to do." Five explained and I gave him a weird look. I studied the photo again and noticed something missing.

"Where's my tattoo?" I said showing him the photo

"Most likely the post photoshopped it out." He said and I nodded

"Wait, why did you keep this?" I asked him but just before he answered Viktor arrived back and handed us both glasses of Vodka. I put the clear tape covered image into my pocket and excused myself.
I couldn't take in this information. It was so, serious. I took off my jacket and shirt and looked through Viktors wardrobe for something to wear.

I found an oversized 'the cure' t-shirt and put it on. Then I put a brown oversized leather jacket on top. I walked back out into the living room. To see five getting annoyed and slamming down his glass

"Come on Y/n we're going." He said grabbing my wrist and I hissed from the pain of my torso being stretched.

"Too naive to understand!" Five said to Viktor walking us to the door

"Five! Five wait!" Viktor complained and five stopped, letting go of me.

"I haven't seen you in a long time, and I don't want to lose you again. That's all. And you know what, it's getting late, and.. I have lessons early, and I need to sleep, and I'm sure you and y/n do,too. Here. We'll talk in the morning again, okay? I promise. Night." Viktor said walking back to his room leaving me and five to stand in awkward silence.

"I'm surprised you kept yourself composed back there y/n. You didn't even crack one joke." He said sitting down on the makeshift bed Viktor had made.

"Well, it's serious stuff. It's your life man, I didn't want to." I said scratching the back of my neck as he looked back at me

"Thank you." He said sincerely and I nodded coughing

"Not a problem, listen, uh, I'm going to head out. Maybe you were right, I am not ready for this." I said walking back to the door and five look Ed down at the floor.

"Stay. You've made It this far, you might as well know the rest of the story." He said and I nodded walking around the couch and sitting down next to him.

Five pulled something out of his pocket and it seemed to be something wrapped in cloth

"What's that?" I asked him as he opened it to reveal a prosthetic eye. I looked at his eyes to see that they were both still in tact.

"What did you need that for?" I asked and he spun it around

"Whoever owns this." He spotted a cereal number on the back of the eye. "Is going to end the world." He said and my eyes went wide knowingly.

"Let's just trace that number then." I said and he looked at me

"You know somewhere we can do this?" He asked me and I nodded

"Meritech, on south and oak. A guy bet his leg on the table one time and I returned it to them." I said and he nodded giving me a weird look

"Let's go then." He said standing up and I nodded as we quietly left the room.

Outside I gave five the directions to Meritech.

"It's a long drive, you sure you've got enough energy for it?" I asked and he nodded before turning back to me and handing me something. It was my watch.

"You can go now if you want to." He said and I shook my head giving him the watch back.

"I already told you, I'm too invested it's like a good novel." I said and he chuckled and put the watch back on

"How's your wound?" He asked clearing his throat as he realised he had been staring at me for far too long.

"It's fine." I said and looked anywhere but his eyes. Why was he looking at me like that?He then jumped into the car.
I did the same and quickly fell asleep as we made our way to the stupid Prosthetics place.