Chapter 20 - The Cursed Child

"Is there something wrong, Henry?" Aria asked with worry, sensing that Henry seemed a bit suspicious of her...

"Ah, no, I'm okay, Lady Aria," Henry said, as he nodded in response to Aria's words, but he seemed like he was hiding something...

"Here," Aria said with a smile, "I'll leave it to you, Henry. I trust you to deliver the letter."

And after she had handed Henry the letter, he quickly took it, and began to walk away to deliver it to the Duke Valentine...

///FIFTH FLOOR, DUKES NOAH VALENTINE ROOM///

When Henry arrived at the fifth floor, he spotted Noah lying down on the longer sofa.

"Lord!" Henry called out to Noah, in a louder tone than usual, "I have something important to tell you."

"What is it?" Noah asked, while slightly raising his head and frowning between his eyebrows...

Then, Henry took out the letter from the inner pocket of his jacket and held it out to Noah, "TADA" Henry said gleefully, as he waited for Noah's reaction to the letter...

"A letter?" Noah asked, when Henry held the letter out to him.

"Yes, a letter from Lady Aria," Henry said excitedly, causing Noah to become confused and puzzled for a moment, as he wondered why Henry was so giddy...

However, soon, Noah asked with a smirk, "So what then? Burn it?"

"What?!?" Henry replied in shock, as his smile quickly vanished, realizing that Noah was suggesting him to burn the letter...

Burning a letter written with those bracken hands and that sick body.

Noah seemed to find it difficult to resist Henry, who seemed to be extremely excited about something.

Henry opened the letter, gently placed it next to the medicine bottles on the marble table beside him, and said, "Ahem, I will go now."

Noah then began to get irritated, as the letter that Henry left nearby kept bothering him...

"Damn it," he thought, "What's wrong with that Henry to be so happy like that?"

This caused Noah to get very frustrated, as he seemed to wonder about what was inside the letter that Henry gave him...

Noah then picked up the letter on the table.

"Didn't he say that the kid wrote this letter?" Noah wondered, as he looked at the perfectly written and neat letters on the page, "How could a child write this?"

After reading the letter, Noah let out a short snort, before speaking aloud, "Ha," as he thought to himself that the letter's contents had been very general...

""That kid really is arrogant," Noah thought to himself as he read the letter, "She said she wants to be adopted, and now she wants a job? She must have lost her mind."

When Noah crumpled the letter, he seemed like he was about to burn it with his hand, but instead, he ended up just throwing it on the floor.

"Ugh!" he exclaimed, "Why does that little girl have silver hair?"

When he opened his palm, letter paper, ink, and a pen appeared.

He wrote in complete mess, completely contrary to the ecstatic and beautiful handwriting of the letter he received, in blunt words.

「Do What You Want」

"Henry! "

He called henry's name with a not-so-loud voice, but the bedroom door opened as if he had been waiting.