Chapter 4- Believing & Betrayal

Bang!

"It's open!"

"Cough! The flames are too big...!"

The workers poured the water they had carried.

"Damn it, can't you hurry?"

She heard someone roar. It was Lorenzo

"Why is it on fire? The room next door is my toy room!"

Since was Lorenzo a 'water wizard', he tried to extinguish the fire using his magic. However, the fire I had set did not fizzle out easily.

'It shouldn't be easily extinguished.'

"Please save me... Cough! Cough!"

Suddenly, Aria heard a cold voice through the roaring flames.

"What the hell is going on?"

Diego Agnes, my foster father, had come.

"Just how the hell did a fire manage to start in the morning!"

Diego was a mighty wizard who couldn't be compared to lorenzo

""Tch! Everyone get out of the way!"

With a wave of his hand, Diego's magical steam rose and the flames began to subside, as if they had been eaten by a cloudy water vapor.

Aria sat on the floor of the balcony, staring at the scene with hatred. She started coughing pitifully, trembling while she struggled to breathe. "cough cough!"

Before they knew it, the fire had completely disappeared, revealing burnt traces near the door.

Diego looked at Aria and called out to her, his command sharp and clear. "Bring a doctor!" he ordered,

Aria was still struggling to breathe and coughed up a small amount of blood. The fire had taken a heavy toll on her body.

Diego only cared about Aria because she was a gemstone that he managed to find after searching all the suitable nursery schools. Aria was just six years old when she was brought in, but she was far more beautiful than anyone else.

Diego was satisfied with her beauty and paid a large sum of money to bring her in secretly. He hired outstanding tutors and even recruited a painter to create fake portraits that would make her appear like an aristocrat.

"My Lord!"

In an untimely uproar, Vera, the Agnes' family nanny, rushed in. She ignored Aria and looked towards Lorenzo, her expression full of concern and worry.

"My Lord!” she exclaimed, her voice filled with haste and urgency. "Fire is dangerous, how did you get here?"

Lorenzo remained calm and composed, despite the situation. He had handled the flames quickly and efficiently with his magic, and he didn't seem to be injured.

"I managed to put out the fire with my magic,” he replied, his tone confident and unshakable.

"Your Grace!"

A knight's voice shouted as he discovered a particularly unusual hole while inspecting the blackened door. He discovered that the fire had started there and promptly reported it to the duke.

"Well, there's a hole? It seems oil was poured into it..." The duke gritted his teeth as he realized this meant that the fire had been set intentionally. It was a sign that someone had tried to sabotage aria

Then suddenly the nanny's face changed. Because she knew why the hole was created.

Diego noticed Vera's unusual expression and confronted her.