15. Roadtrip

Cara

Waking up the next morning felt completely different and yet the exact same. Letting Will crawl around the bed for a bit before we got up for breakfast. I just watched Eddie and Will together and couldn't believe this was my life now. Something was missing missing in our life, then Eddie came along broke down the door and proclaimed we are his family. I wouldn't have It any other way. He made us so unbelievably happy even with the smallest moments. Like this Saturday morning. Are you ever in a moment and think, I will remember this forever?

Will had pulled off one of his tiny sock and was currently laying on Eddie's chest shoving it up his nose, and with a dramatic reaction of Eddie says "it stinks so bad." Causing the child to give a big belly laughs before repeating the process.
"Why do your feet stink so bad! Whew!" He says before I lean down and kiss them both.
"Im going to cook breakfast."

After breakfast there was a knock at the door. Opening the door to find Wayne.
"Hey Wayne." Pulling him into a hug then letting him in.
"I brought the last of Eddie's boxes. I already put them in the van. So I came up to say hi to my nephew."
"Awe thanks Wayne" Eddie said walking over.
"Not you!" He teased, taking Will from my arms.
"Well thanks. feeling the love." Eddie said rolling his eye with a laugh.
"I also wanted to talk to you guys about something."
"Oh what's that Wayne?" My interest peaked.
"I'm going to sell the trailer."

"What? Why?" Eddie looked concerned.
"Well you guys won't be around. What's the use to sticking around here. My family will be in California. I figured sell the trailer and move to be closer to you guys." My eyes starts to burn with tears. This family meant so much to me. They had accepted me and Will into their family with no Hesitations.

"And I figured, it might be hard sometimes with a little one and Eddie being busy or away on trips. That it would be nice to have family around to help you out." The tears finally fell. Wayne pulled me into a hug.

"Hey kid it's nothing to cry over." I squeezed him tight.
"Thank you."
"Ah it's what family does." He rubbed my back.
"You guys are family now." This family meant more to me and had done more for me then my own blood had. Our family. Patch worked together but perfect to us.

"Hey old man want to help me break down your favorite nephews crib and take it down to the van?"
The crib was the only piece of furniture we would be taking with us. The rest was our clothes and personal belongings. Geffen records had called and told us they had gotten an apartment for us fully furnished. Along with an apartment in the same building for the rest of the band. And rented an area for the band to practice three days a week.

Their future schedule they had told Eddie made it seems like they would be very busy. Sundays would be there only days off. Monday,Tuesday, and Wednesday would be band practice. Thursday they would be in the studio recording. And Friday and Saturday's they want to book a gig each night if possible. They seemed like really nice people. They sent their congratulations to us with some flowers and a note that said they were Excited for Eddie to be back in California and excited to meet me. We let Wayne take the flowers because the flowers In a trip across the country just seemed silly to me.

By that night we were exhausted but all packed and ready to leave in the morning. Eddie hated the fact that we were leaving at five in the morning. But I promised him lots of coffee and donuts. We wanted to get at least eight to ten hours of driving in. Depending on how well Will did with the long car ride.

We were all in bed, with Will between us, little baby snores in the air. He was sprawled out.
"How could some one so small take up so much space." I whispered with a laugh. Eddie remained quiet.

"What's on your mind?" I asked.
"I talked to the judge. After the wedding."
"About?" Lifting myself up onto my elbow.
"I asked him what i would need to do to adopt Will." I was stunned into silence.