9. Eyes of the bluest sky

Eddie

                            A month later
Before I even opened my eye I knew I wasn't at home. My bed has never been this comfortable.  Stretching out in search of a warm body only to find a cold bed. Eyes flying open and sitting up, panic starts to set in. The sound of her laugh floats threw the apartment along with the sound of a squealing baby.

The scene I walk into A very domestic scene. Something even when my parents where around I wasn't used to. Definitely wasn't used to it when it was just me and uncle Wayne.  She was sitting in front of a high chair in a long tshirt, wiping what looked like mashed potatoes off her face. A look of amusement on her face and Will happily flapping his arms about. The same substance covering his hands. My movement catches her eyes and she smiles up at me.
"Morning. Breakfast is in the stove. Should still be warm."
"No offense but mashed potatoes are not a breakfast food."  I saw her roll her eyes as dipped a finger into the bowl and licked it off. She bust out laugh at the face I made.
"Oh god what is that?! That's not mashed potatoes"
Catching her breath she replies.
"It's baby cereal. I made Eggs and sausage for us."
"That's stuff is horrible. No wonder why he doesn't want it. Ugh" I say grabbing a plate and scooping food on to it.  Thankful that this food tastes a hundred times better.

"Do you work today?" I asked
"No I actually have the day off. Why you have plans?" She asked with a smirk and raised eyebrows.

"Nope just to spend the day with you two." Her smile widened and was completely breathtaking.
"I was planning on cleaning the apartment, shower then maybe go rent a movie."
Nodding I say "sounds like a plan. I'm going to run back home and get a change of clothes."

"Ok take my car or do you want to pick up your van." I can pick it up tomorrow not wanting to get caught up talking to the boys. Today it's all about her. The morning seem to fly by and afternoon too. It always seems when running small errands.

Later that day pulling into family video from the parking lot it looked practically dead.
"I'm going to run a head if that's cool I have to go to the bathroom. Can you get will?"
"Uhhh, sure."
I'm not total sure how to get him out of that contraption but I'll figure it out.

Getting out and opening the back door and looking down.

Looks easy enough. Press the red button like a seat belt.

Lifting the child up he immediately put his hands in my hair and gave a sharp pull.
"Ow. I'm going to have to put my hair up around you. Huh?" Pulling the hair out of his hands and walking into the building.

  Behind the desk was some one I hadn't seen All summer, I assume she had been busy with work and her new girlfriend,Vickie.

"Hey robin!" I say and she turns around about to say hello when she stops.

"Eddie...why do you have a baby? Eddie... who's baby is that? Did you steal a baby?!" She said in a rushed whisper. Unable to hold back my laugh.
"No it's-" I was about to answer when another costumer cut me off.

"Well hello handsome!" A middle age women said wiggling her fingers at will.
"He is so adorable. He had the bluest eyes I've ever seen. He must look like his momma. He definitely doesn't have your coloring" she added looking up at me. Before I could answer Cara stepped around the lady.

"No he looks like his father. But you would know that. If had ever wanted to see him." I could see the fire In her eyes. But when she took Will from my arms I could see her hands shaking.