15

The next day we are back in the training room. Luke steering clear from me, but still trying to get Annabeth.

"Hey Perc?" She asks as she tries to get a fire going. "How come you wont do any of the training stations?"

"I promised to help you didn't I?" I watch Luke.

"And you want him to stay away from me, is that it?" She side eyes me with a smirk.

"Well yeah!" I crouch down next to her looking at her... fire? "Move your hands from top to bottom, while twisting the stick." I show her the motion, in a few seconds her fire comes to life in a warm orange glow.

"How'd you know that?" she asks.

"I've cooked people alive."

"What?..."

"I spent a few weeks stranded on an island, and had to learn quick." I look into the fire.

"How did you become a pirate killing fisherman?" she ask now looking at me.

"After being robbed of everything a few times, I stole a sword and started learning. Of course, a 12-year-old by himself with a sword is forgettable." I shrug. "This girl... Hestia. She found me one day on a closed off piece of land in 3. She taught me how to fight and was teaching me how to survive... then she got reaped for the Games, and never saw her again." I stand up and put the fire out.

"How old was she?" Annabeth looks at me.

"Probably 15-16." I shrug looking at her. "Her name got called and never seen her again, I didn't watch the Games that year, I had to go fishing and then got stranded."

"Maybe she won." Annabeth says.

"If she won, I would have seen her around 3." I shrug looking at her.

She gets close and wraps her arms around my waist.

"What are you doing?" I smile hugging her back.

"One of us is going to die." She says quietly burring her face into my chest.

"Yeah... it's probably gonna be you." I joke, she bites my nipple trough my shirt. "Ow! Annabeth, that's bedroom stuff not public stuff." She chokes a muffled laugh. "Can you please let go of my nipple, I would like to be buried with two."

She scoffs, "What, you don't love me anymore?"

"Wait, what?" I'm completely lost. "And no, not anymore."

"You are evil Percy Jackson." She smiles looking up at me. I look down at her gray eyes, and that beautiful yet evil smile, and everything melts inside of me.

"Will you marry me?"