11

A few days later.

Annabeth is laying in bed with me, her cheek pressed up against my chest. Her figure tracing scars along my body.

"Why do you have so many scars?" she asks tracing a scar along my stomach.

"Pirates." I ask as I watch her, she freezes in place and looks up at me.

"Percy be serious." She scowls, her pouty face makes me laugh.

"I'm as serious as scurvy." I smile. She just stares at me. "When I go on my trips, I get a lot of fish. That's food and money, and bad people who don't live in districts try to steal from me."

"You are serious." She stares in wonder at me.

"After the first time, I learned how to fight with a sword and spear."

"How did you get the weapons if they are illegal?" she asks now tracing a scar near my shoulder.

"I'm allowed spears, for spear fishing. And the sword I got from a pirate." I reply.

"So, he just gave you sword?" she asks.

"Yeah... after I killed him..."

"Oh..." she says softly. "Why do you call your sister duck?" she changes the subject but still tracing scars.

"She saw a duck waddling in our yard when she was really little..." I start laughing. "She... grabbed me and pulled me to the window and yelled 'Look Percy a fu-'" I start laughing hard. Annabeth gasps and buries her face into my chest laughing hard. "Then she went to try to pet it..." tears streaming from my eyes from laughter. "And it started chasing her all around the yard pecking her butt!" we both struggle to breath from laughing. "Mom and I couldn't do anything because we were on the ground laughing."

"What a cute story."

Annabeth gasps and I sit up quickly, I pull the blanket over her to cover her up. Mr. D sits in a chair across the room.

"Get dressed we're almost there." 

"Why are you in here?" I ask him.

"To be a mentor and tell you we are almost here." He grunts standing up. "They will see you through the window, clothed or not." He walks out taking a swig of his flask.

"Percy..." Annabeth says quietly as she slips out of bed. "I'm not gonna survive, you have to win." She stands there quietly and her head down.

"Here." I hand her a bra. "You know I cant work that thing, a soft smile starts to form on her face.

"I have no skill in fighting, no skill from my old district either." She looks up at me.

"Your district was a bunch of nerds right?" I ask. "Lift your arms." She lifts them in the air, and I slip a shirt over her.

"Pretty much, but I was studying to be an Architect." Tears start to well up.

"Oof... yeah you are screwed." I hold her cheeks and she scoffs

"Your supposed to comfort me!" she pouts as I mush her cheeks.

"Annabeth... people are staring at me."

"What?" she looks behind and there's a crowd of people staring in, one lady drooling.

"I got you dress and comforted you and I forgot to get dressed..." I say my face burning up, she looks at me and looks down.

"Oh..."