-Chapter 23-

Dazai was awakened by a loud sound of glass crashing. He shot up as the past memories flowed back into his mind. Trying to get off the hard and uncomfortable bed he was on, he instantly stopped as a sharp pain on his wrist held him back. His eyes widened slightly as he saw metal chains on his wrist that pierced his already bleeding skin. He sighed as he tried to stay calm and observe his surroundings. Black walls surrounded him as the room only had one door opposite him. He was wrecking his brain as he tried to pick on the locks of the chain but to no avail as the chains were rusted. That's when something stuck him. "Chuuya!" He exclaimed as he continued to struggle with the restraints. That's when he heard the door unlock, he braced himself for any danger as he checked the underneath of his coat to check if his knife was still hidden there. Fyodor came in holding up something shiny. "Looking for this?" Fyodor asked while swinging Dazai's knife in his hand, Fyodor set it on the nightstand beside the bed and stood in front of Dazai who was now glaring holes into his head. "Don't worry...Chuuya is fine. Hes's in another room. I don't need anything from him honestly. Just a hostage." Fyodor immediately continued as he stared into Dazai's now crimson red eyes which showed that he was ready to kill. It honestly sent shivers down Fyodor's spine but he hid it well. "Well, let's get to business, I need to have your blood to make the serum. The serum has benefits for both of us. I can use it whenever convenient and this serum will also keep your violent boyfriend in the next room calm." Fyodor sat down on a chair at the side of the room and faced Dazai while speaking. "And your point is?" Dazai retorted. Fyodor chuckled slightly, "I think we both know what I want as he opened the drawer from the nightstand and syringes where clearly seen from the drawer. "I won't extract that much blood until you die. Honestly, I only need a drop to make half a bottle of serum because I mix it with other chemicals." Fyodor explained while pushing the drawer back in. "Unless, you want me to kill Chuuya..." Dazai bit his own lip but he continued to act confident "But you can't basically kill him can you?" 

"Depends. Well, he is still unconscious and the serum only works when an individual is awake but he can't use his ability when he is asleep can he?"

"So you are telling me you are going to waste a strong ability user for just a stupid serum?"

"You have a point there, but I can torture him."

"Come on Fyodor. You should be smarter than that. Chuuya can fight back and he is from port mafia you know?"

"Hmm...electrocution?"

"He was a government experiment. A bit of electricity won't hurt him."

"Poison?"

"Risk killing him..."

"What if I torture you instead?"

"Just to tell you, I love death so it won't work on me..."

" But you hate pain right?"

"Do I?"

Fyodor stood up abruptly from his chair as he massaged his temples. He was frustrated. How is this person who is chained in front of him talking back to exactly every thing he said? He was the one who's life is at risk not him. "You out of ideas you rat!" Dazai teased as he was entertained at Fyodor's reaction from all the answers he gave. Fyodor took Dazai by the hair and pulled him forward. "Are you going to cooperate or not?" Dazai shrugged and commented "I rather die than to be your stupid  experiment  pet!" That was the last straw Fyodor had, slamming Dazai's head to the wall, he left with one word "choose!"