-chapter 8-

Chuuya sipped his coffee. It was instant, sweet and milky, just the way he liked it. He was not one for those fancy coffee machines that steamed milk, ground beads and sounded like mini-construction sites. He preferred a kettle and a teaspoon. As Chuuya continued enjoying his coffee, he sighed. It has been a long time since he saw Dazai. The brunette left the port mafia two years ago. Two years Ang 8 months to be precise Chuuya kept count on how long Dazai has been gone. He somehow couldn't stop thinking about him. Chuuya had to admit, he did miss him. Their constant teasing, laughing and his annoying nickname, 'Chibi'. Whenever, he wanted to pick up the wine bottle, he would always convince himself that it will be the last time for today. He kept on saying that and at the end, did not good. He repeated it 5 times and continued drinking. Mori started giving him more work as well because of reasons and it was making Chuuya stress. Kouyou, being the loving mother figure she is, cared for Chuuya and always asked Mori to give him a break which Mori agreed. 1 day break and that was today. Finally a break. A lot happened in those 2 years. Kyouka was taken by the Armed Detective Agency, Dazai hasn't been found yet and so on and so forth. They also targeted a weretiger from the ADA but obviously failed all the time they tried to kidnap him. It was like there was game master behind all of the ADA's defence. A main boss, aside from Fukuzawa. Chuuya brushed his thoughts aside and went to his bed to lie down. After about 3 minutes. His peace was interrupted by the knocking of his door. Chuuya reluctantly got up and went to the door pulling it open getting ready to yell at whoever was at the door. However, he only found a single white rose with a letter below it. He picked it both up and went back to his apartment and placed on his dining table. Picking the envelope up, he opened it hesitantly afraid that there was some mini bomb in it. He started reading it. Whe n he read it finish, he dropped the letter on the wooden floor. He clenched his fists and his nails pierced into his own skin. He unclamped his hands just before they settled bleeding it and proceeded to pick the letter up again and picked up the rose in the process and put it in a vase of water. 

He readt the letter about a dozen times now. Word written in Dazai's own handwriting.

Hey Chuuya! Hope you didn't forget about me! Meet me at xxx apartment at 8pm. Hope to see you there!

Was he serious? Was someone pranking him? No can't be. Chuuya knew Dazai's handwriting and was familiar with it. They were partners after all! He was going to just check! That's all!

 They were partners after all! He was going to just check! That's all!

(From the movie 'Dead Apple'🍎)