27

2 weeks later

Kol was getting ready to take Aubree and Henrick's to Elena's the two had gotten back into their custody agreement and both kids were doing better. "Are you two ready?"

"Dad!" Aubree scolded him from the bathroom she had told the that she had to get ready she had to pick her outfit and do her hair and that wasn't the easiest task.

Henrick groaned walking out of his room and going to sit on the couch. He knew that his sister liked to take her sweet time to get ready. While he usually was done getting ready by the time she picked out her outfit. "She takes forever."

Aurbee walked out glarring at her brother as she was braiding her hair. She knew that she took awhile but it wasn't the worst that she could do.  "Leave me alone. I'm almost done."

--
Elena quietly got up grabbing his phone and walking out. She opened it going to the messages. Something that she had done many times before she knew that he was trying to learn all he could about the kids to get to the originals and she had been very careful not to give anything away. 

So you learned nothing from her about the brats or the originals

she refuses to talk about it

i thought she trusted you i thought you said you got her to fall in love with you

she is still in love with her ex no matter how much she hates him she will never tell me anything about how to kill one of them

then apparently she is not in love with you for a hybrid you do some really dumb things

i tried to make her forget about him but it's not working i don't think its possible to make her unlove him

"I was right about something?"

She stood throwing the phone down away from her. She knew that he was after Aubree that was why she had started this in the first place to protect her daughter.  "You want to kill my kids."

"Not just your kids." He wanted the entirety of the original family dead and he was going to make sure that they suffered for the pain that they had caused him and others. 

She figured that everything was fake but it still hurt that he only wanted her to get to them. "So everything was-"

"I did start to like you but that won't change what that family did to me." Sure she was nice to be with but she was still hung up on her ex he had noticed after they encountered each other again. The same family that had caused him so much pain and made his own hate him. "My own family refused to be near me after Klaus changed me with your blood. He thought i died but i didn't."

"All this for revenge." She knew that a lot of supernaturals had a sad sense of revenge but she didn't get why he would go this far. "For what they did to you i was just collateral."

He chuckled darkly smiling at her that had always been the plan to throw her away or kill her in the end. He wouldn't need her after his plan succeeded. "You were collateral your kids are going to die."

"You are not going near them." She refused to let him near them it was her job to protect her kids. And she would do whatever she had to see it through.

"Near the mini versions of you and your ex." She backed up she knew this wasn't going to end well. She could tell by the look on his face he didn't have to hide behind the mask anymore. He could reveal his true nature. "Near the demon children that you created, it took me a while but i think i figured it out." Although Justin hadn't been able to put it together quite yet he knew that even the people who liked the originals didn't want to see the children live. "Why everyone wants your children dead?"