3

“Aubree wake up we have to go and you have the luxury of coming with me to the bar so get your ass out of bed now or you're grounded.“ Elena was trying to get her to wake up so they could go meet Cami. She had a lot to do today and she didn’t have time for Aubree sleeping in.

Aubree shot up and she was excited to go see her brother”Yes mom i’m up!” She had never been so happy in her life.

Elena was confused on why Aubree was so happy but thought it was best to leave it so they could get going. What could go wrong if she didn’t ask?“Get dressed so we can go.”

--

Henrick walked into the living room where his dad was drinking looking in a grimoire. This was something he was used to seeing on a daily basis; his dad was a vampire and drinking calmed the cravings and having once been a witch he always was reading grimoires.”Dad can we go see Cami.” He thought thinking quick on his feet.

Kol looked at him confused, his son barely even knew Cami. He didn't get why he wanted to see him.”Why?”

Henrick hadn’t been expecting that question so he tried to think of something that sounded like it could be true.“She said she had something for uncle Nik but unfortunately today is his day with hope so he can not go and see her “

Three things Kol knew was his son hated his siblings, wanted his real mother and wasn’t all like him he couldn’t get away with everything.“So you're going to pick up something for Nik.”

“Yeah.” He wasn’t a bad liar but he wasn’t as good as his sister. Now his sister inherited a lot of her dad’s tricks. She liked lying where he only did it when necessary.

“But you dont like Nik.”

“Maybe I changed my mind. Can we just go.” He knew he needed to work on his lying skills but he wouldn’t give up on seeing his mom and sister. He would worry about that for another day; they just needed to go before he couldn’t think of another lie.

“Yeh i need to speak to davina anyway” 

Henrick’s eyes went wide he did not want Davina there when his mother and sister were. What he was doing was already a recipe for disaster. “About “

“Never mind mister go and get your shoes and we can go” He knew something was going on but he couldn’t pinpoint it.

“Ok.”

--
Elena was sitting at a booth with Aubree.”I have to go to the restroom, I'll be back mom.” She got up and went to the back standing by the doors watching her brother and father walk in.

Henrick looked at his dad.”I’ll be right back i have to go to the bathroom.” He went over and Aubree pulled him into a corner hugging him.”It's good to finally see you.”

She hugged her brother tight.“Same bro same.i can't believe this is actually happening im seeing you in the flesh “

“We should get back if we want this to work in our favor. They are in the same place for the first time in ten years.” He knew something was bound to go wrong but hoped it didn’t.

Aubree nodded she knew he was right but she had to admit she hoped it worked for her mom at least. She wanted her to be happy and she knew that the thought of losing Henrick always stayed with her and scared her half to death,.”I know let’s go.”

They both went back to their parents hoping that it worked. They needed it because they wanted to see both their parents happy and they knew it would be with each other.

Kol and Henrick went over to Cami who was at the bar.”Cami Henrick said he was picking something for Nik.” He wanted to talk to Davina and go on with his day; he had something to do with Freya.