Domenico

4

I sat there with her and she looked around the cafe. Leaning back in my chair I told her to tell me more about Apollo and Ares. Her eyes lit up with excitement when she realized what I asked for.

"Well their previous owner was an...", she drifted off. "Asshole.", I finished her sentence. "Yeah, well he abused them and was training them for street fights for dogs. When I found them the owner was treating them really really badly so I asked him how much for both the dogs and bought them like that.", I shrugged. "You know that's really dangerous.", I stated. "But I couldn't just walk past them like I didn't see how he was treating them.", she argued back.

In a world like mine she wouldn't be able to survive a single night. Hell she'd be dead in less than an hour.

"To be honest I was surprised that Apollo and Ares didn't throw a fit while you were there yesterday. Usually they try to bite any guy that comes to close while we are on a walk.", she explained embarrassedly.

"Good boys", I praised them mentally.

"For example today when I went for a walk with them they almost bit some guy. And you know what's funny?", she asked me. "No, tell me.", I nodded. "That guy had the same tattoo as Mr. Willows. Isn't that a crazy coincidence.", she laughed. I hummed as our drinks arrived. She picked her cup up and looked at the label reading it.

She sipped on her coffee and I could see the happiness in her eyes. "This is sooo delicious. Try it.", she told me and put a second straw I to her drink. "Please", she pleaded giving me puppy eyes.

Shit.

I leaned in and took a sip. "It's good isn't it.", she stated. "It's too sweet for my liking. But it suits you.", I nodded. "Here, for you.", I told her and placed the cookie in front of her. She looked at me and then at the cookie. "Oh no thank you. This thing has enough sugar in it for the next three days.", she waves off jokingly. I look at her and she looks at me. "May I?", I asked her pointed towards her cup. She nodded and handed me her coffee. I pulled the label off and looked at the wrap of the cookie and ripped its ingredients list off.

"Eat up.", I told her and placed the two things in front of her. She looked at me and I crossed my arms. "We won't leave until you finish your coffee and that cookie.", I told her and took my coffee into my hand. "Okay.", she mumbled slightly before taking a bite from the cookie and a sip from the coffee.

"You shouldn't worry about that stuff. You walk more in a day than most of my men and they still eat like pigs as soon as the buffet opens.", I tell her getting a small giggle in response.

I noticed this behavior yesterday too. She got everyone else something but for herself only some water. And while we were watching the movie she didn't eat a single one of the snacks she had gotten out for us.

She finished her food and so did I. I called the waiter over and handed him Besniks bill. "The rest is tip.", I told him as Alicia got up.

We walked out of the cafe side by side. "Thank you for that.", she said as she looked down at her feet. "Don't worry about it. Everyone would do that.", I shrugged. "Actually I have never in my entire life had anyone rip the calorie table off of any type of food for me.", she admitted. "Well that shows how ignorant some people are.", I shrug and look at her. "Yeah.", she nods and looks ahead.