Alicia

9

TW: MENTION OF SEXUAL ASSAULT

We can't drive to the hotel in this weather because he said it's too dangerous. Domenico went and is taking a shower as I look for something to cook with.

I spot some rice, yogurt, chicken, egg and a few vegetables. I pull the frozen chicken out of the freezer with the vegetables. I put a pot with water and salt on the stove and turn it on. His footsteps soon reach the kitchen and I turn to him. "What are you making?", he asked. "One of my go to meals when I need some food quickly.", I smiled. "Go take a shower while the chicken defrosts. I'll give you a shirt or something to wear.", he said and left the open kitchen.

I followed him to the bed room which had a bathroom connected to it decided by a piece of glass. He walked up to the wardrobe and picked a shirt out. "I hope it fits.",he said handing it to me. "Thanks.", I thanked him and threw it over my shoulder. "Towel are in there, I'll be downstairs.", he nodded and left the room.

...

I step down the stairs looking into the kitchen. "I'm hungry.", Domenico whined from the sofa. "Wait about twenty minutes and I'll be done. ", I told him making my way into the kitchen and got to cooking.

I dished the food and walked into the living room. He took a bite and looked at me in surprise. "This is better than it looks.", he grumbled. "Damm thank you.", I sighed taking a bite. "How did you come up with this?", he asked. "Well if you are a college student on a budget you kind of make up new recipes.", I laughed. He nodded and kept on eating.

"What did you study besides business?", he asked me. "I took a few lectures in medicine and human psichology.", I explained. "What did you learn in them?", he asked. "Stop a bleeding, sew the wound, take bullets out of someone and a few other things.", I told him. "In the other one?", he asked. "I don't really know to be honest, but since then I've been able to read people based of how they talk and stuff. That's what lead to me being friends with two people.", I told him laughing slightly to brighten the mood. "Anges and that other one.", he stated and I hummed. "It were their boyfriends that made me not talk to them as much as I used to.", I explained. He just nodded.

After a few awkward minutes we both finished our plates and made our to the bedroom. I took multiple pillows forming a line between us. "Your side, my side.", I told him pointing at the different sides. He nodded and laid down on the side towards the window and I took my place on the other side. "Good night.", I told him and pulled the blanket over my body.

...

It's been a hour and I'm still not able to sleep. I turn my head to his side and look at his back rising and falling at a steady pace. As slow and quiet as possible I get up and make my way to the balcony were I sit down on the sofa and pull my knees to my chest.

I hate this. This feels disgusting. I've showered fifteen times since the accident and I can still smell that guys scent. And feel his hands all over my body. I feel everything. And it hurts. Why couldn't I get a normal night out with friends? Instead I got sexually assaulted by my friends boyfriend. The same friend who I told everything to.

I look up from my knees and look at Domenico. He takes a seat next to me and sits there in silence. "Why haven't you been sleeping for the past week?", he asks keeping his gaze focused on the moon. "I don't know.", I lied. "I want the truth.", he whispered. "I'm scared.", I sigh. "Every time I close my eyes I see his face, I feel his hands, I smell him.", I whisper. "Every time.", I murmur to myself.  "And it happens over and over again. I'm tired of being used and stepped on by the people I love.", I sigh. "Then don't let them.", he whispered. "I'm not strong enough.", I whispered. "I'm weak.", I said.