Domenico

3

I lift my head from the head rest and looked around the room. After Southpaw we had settled watching an episode of blacklist which turned into two then three and us both falling asleep. I looked at her and saw her face being covered by her dark brown hair. I looked at my lap and saw her feet laying in it with my hand on her calves preventing them from falling off my lap.

I slowly got up watching out to not startle her, then I lifted her into my arms and moved to her bedroom. Slowly I placed her down on her bed and pulled the comforter over her legs to her shoulders. While I checked if her windows were closed I heard something move. She turned over and kicked the blanket off ,mumbling something along the lines of: "Its too warm, I should tell Ares to get off.".

Who is Ares?

I walked back into the living room and saw a Cane Corso laying on the floor next to the sofa. He raised his head and looked at me. He got up and stood before me, sniffing me he growled silently. I took his name tag into my hands and looked for his name.

Apollo

"Who is Ares?", I asked him and as if calling for Ares, a second dog appeared behind me pushing his head through the gap between my thigh, arm and stomach. I took his name tag into my hand and looked at it.

Ares

"You two have to watch out for mommy okay?", I told them and as if they understood they nodded. "Good boys.", I smiled at them ruffling their ears and getting up from my crouching position. They both made their way to her bed room and I heard the door close behind them.

Smart dogs.

I clipped my holster back onto any belt and picked up a few of the snacks taking them to the kitchen. I put on my jacket and left the building not without telling my guards to not let anyone into her apartment.

...

I get out of my car and walk into the office to the receptionist. "Good morning Mr Millan. How can I help you?", she asked. "Change the rule about dogs in the house.", I told her. "Right away. Are they allowed in the house now?", she asked. I nodded and made my way to the elevator.

As I got out of the elevator at the top was met by the two guards having a conversation with Alicia. "Good morning Domenico.", she smiled at me. I nodded and entered my office with her following behind me.

"You forgot your coat yesterday and I got you a coffee.", she smiled placing the to go cup on my table and laying the coat over the chair in front of me. "Thanks.", I nodded. "Your meeting starts in 30 minutes. Don't forget to take your files with you.", she smiled and walked out of my office.

...

We all sat in the conference room and Alicia stood behind me as she should. The door opened and Ryan walked in with dark circles under his eyes. "I see you finally decided to join us Mr. Willows.", one of the Volkov brothers spoke. "Mind your business.", he hissed. Alicia placed her things on the table next to me and quickly offered him a chair. She has no idea he's the one trying to kill her.

She gives him a quick smile, that he doesn't deserve. He takes her hand and guides it up to his lips while staring at me. I cleared my throat and Alicia immediately left him and took her place next to me again. Everyone at the table new what happened yesterday.

I looked at my right hand man. The Volkov brothers looked at me too. "Lets continue.", I sighed. The meeting continued smoothly until we got to the last ten minutes. Ryan got up from his chair and looked at Alicia.

"Mrs. Russo, may I ask you a question?", he asked her. She glanced at me and I nodded. "Sure.", she nodded and shifted her weight from her left foot to her right making her body shift closer to me. "Do you know who these men are and what they do to sit here in these quarter of a million dollar suits.?", he asked her. "Of course I do.", she nodded and he looked at her in surprise.