Domenico

6

-a week later-

We got ready for the trip, well more like I waited for her got get ready. "I look like a pouf.", she whined and I looked at her standing at the top of the stairs. "No one is going to see you.", I sighed. "YES. Do you know how many people fly first class?", she asked me. "SO, you have your own little cabin, you can close the door and nobody can see you.", I told her imitating her tone. "But I still look like a pouf.", she whined as she made her way down the stairs.

"Come here.", I sighed. She scraped her feet along the floor practically slumping around. "Sit.", I told her and patted the sofa in front of me. She took a seat and I started by taking her hair out of that terrible bun. "Ares, go get a brush.", I told him and he ran upstairs. "While we are in Italy what are we going to do?", she asked excitedly. "We'll go to a sort of ball you'll have to play my date and check on a few businesses.", I explained and grabbed the comb from Ares. I combed her hair as she petted Apollo and Ares.

"I'm going to miss them.", she whined. "They're coming with us.", I stated. "What?", she asked. "Look at the tickets.", I pointed about and put her hair into a ponytail. "You booked the pet cabins?", she asked. "They are bigger than the normal first class ones, so they can lay in front of us.", he shrugged. "One with you one with me.", I added and wrapped the ponytail around itself forming a bun before putting another hair tie around it. "Done", I told her and she nodded. "Thank you.", she smiled.

We walked out of the house to the car. The driver opened the car door for her and I walked around the car. Ares and Apollo jumped into the car too and we started driving. She put her handbag down next to Apollo and looked out the window. Apollo lays his head on her thighs. He turns his head towards me and Ares. I switch from Apollo to Ares. I want to talk to her, but it feels weird after what happened a week ago.

...

We arrived at the airport and made our way to the check in counter. Where a long line of people were waiting. We stood behind almost 20 people she pulled her suitcase in front of her and sat down on top of it. "This'll be fun.", she sighed. 

A kid ran around and stopped next to us melting at the sight of Apollo and Ares. "Hi bud!", Alicia smiled at the child. "Can I pet them?", the boy asked. "Sure.", she smiled and pat her thigh signaling Apollo to put his head there. The child caressed him and then looked at me. "Mister?", the kid asked. "Yes?", I queationed and crouched down. "Is this your wife?", he asked pointing at Alicia. "Sadly not buddy.", I sighed making him giggle. I looked at Alicia and her face was flushed red. "Don't forget how to breath amore.", I laughed. She looked at me in shock as her face turned an even deeper shade of red.

"Thank god, Leo. We've been looking everywhere for you.", a woman sighed and pulled the boy into her arms. "Look mami, a dog.", the boy smiled and pointed at Apollo. "Oh my, thank you for distracting him.", she thanked us. "Don't worry about it.", Alicia smiled and waved her hand. The woman thanked us again and then looked at me. "I hope I'm not crossing the line by saying this, but you got yourself a looker. You must be proud to have a girlfriend this beautiful.", she pointed out and gave me a light tap on the shoulder. "Yes she is very beautiful but sadly not my girlfriend.", I told the woman and Alicias face turned red again. The woman said bye and I looked at Alicia who was now standing in front of me.

"You are so mean. Don't do that again. Do you know how embarrassing that is?", she said pocking my chest. "What? I didn't do anything. I just said what I think. Well not all of it. The rest would probably be a little too inappropriate to say out loud in an airport. If you know what I mean.", I told her as we held eye contact. Her ears turned pink and so did her cheeks. I laughed at her as her brains seemed to short circuit right in front of me. "You are so mean.", she huffed and sat down on her suitcase again turning her back towards me.