Alicia

16

I fed Dante while Dominico insisted on building the bed and putting in the Baby seat. "The crib is ready.", Dom said coming down stairs. "What time is it?", I asked him. "11:50pm.", her told me. "Okay, so this it the bottle heater. It keeps the bottles warm, so when he wakes up at night you can feed him too. Always check the temperature. You put a little bit on the back of you hand and put it to your lip.", I explained to him.

He nodded as he held his son. "Diapers are to be changed every time he takes a piss or does big business. Wipe him down very thoroughly.", I told him. He hummed and kept on paying attention to his son. "okay and now. Let's go to bed.", I sighed. He nodded and made his way upstairs in front of me.

I laid down in bed and Dom put Dante in the crib. But he immediately started crying. "Did you give him the bottle?", I asked him. "He didn't want to drink.", he explained. "Maybe he isn't used to sleeping alone.", I suggested and he got out of bed.

I leaned against the head Rest and looked at Dom as he bounced Dante in his arms. But he wouldn't stop crying. "Do you think he's sick?", he asked me with worrying eyes. I shook my head. "It's probably just too cold for him.", I shook my head and properly sit up.

Dominico kept on bouncing him in his arms for the next twenty minutes until he looked at me.

I got out of bed and he handed me Dante. He didn't stop crying either. We both took a seat on the bed and he handed me the bottle again. This time I tucked his arm under my armpit and turned him so that he would think that I was breastfeeding him.

And sure enough he started sucking on the bottle and drinking up.

Dominico sighed in relief and leaned back. "I don't know why but it hurts when I hear him cry.", he explained. "It's normal for a father to have empathy towards his kids. At one point you'll get used to it.", I told him.

"Go to bed. It's late and you've been working all day.", I whispered to him and took his hand in mine. "How are we going to manage it with him and work?", he asked. "We'll figure something out. My parents will probably love to help.", I told him and placed the empty baby bottle on the night stand.

I laid Dante on Dons chest and laid down next to them." Good night my love.", I whispered to him and closed my eyes.

Only to open them again because of the screaming of Dante. "Help.", Dom whispered out of breath. "You try.", he said and gave me his son. I placed him on my chest and lightly tapped his butt.

Soon later he was fast asleep in my arms.

Dom looked at me and gave me a small smile. "I don't know what I'd do without you.", he whispered. "You'd probably still be pacing around in the room panicking if he's sick or not.", I teased and placed Dante in between me and Dominico. He nodded and looked at his son.

"What if he's not really my son? I've had women try to threaten me with this type of stuff.", he whispered. "If you really think it isn't your kid then get a DNA test.", I told him quietly. "No I mean like what are going to do with him.", he explained. "I don't know.", I shook my head. "He does look like you tho.", I grinned. A soft smile formed on his lips.

"I never thought of being a father. What if I mess it up?", he whispered. "You won't. Remember what I told you on the swing.", I whispered. He looked at me and I couldn't help but reach out for his face. I placed my hand on his cheek as he looked at his son. "You're going to be a great dad.", I reassured him as I caressed his face.

...

I slowly open my eyes and look to my right. Where Domenico is sleeping peacefully. I look in the middle where Dante was laying while playing with my hair. "Good morning bubba.", I whispered as I turned over to lay on my side. He looked at me and tried grabbing onto my nose. "Well that's rude.", I joked and picked him up.

"How about you and I go down stairs to make some food and leave papa to sleep.", I asked him while I picked out some clothes for him and a fresh diaper. He kicked his legs as if he understood what I was saying.

I picked him up and pulled the comforter over Doms body. When I reached the living room I pulled the little crib into the kitchen and placed him in it. I put on some music and let it play faintly in the background. I swung my hips to the melody as I cooked.

I was done cooking and made Dantes bottle when I felt Doms arms wrap around me. His head nuzzled in between my shoulder and my neck. "Good morning.", I smiled. He just grumbled in response. "Go sit down foods ready.", I told him with a smile.

Domenics phone rang and after about five minutes he hung. "Ryan is dead and Vanessa went to jail.", he said. "What did she go to jail for?", I asked him. "They broke into our apartment one of the guards shoot Ryan and the police took Vanessa. She's serving life in prison for everything she's done.", he sighed. "Good news?", I raised my shoulder questioning. He just nodded and took a bite of his food.

"I would've preferred both of them dead.", he sighed. "Life doesn't give you everything you want Dom.", I laughed.

This is all I've ever wanted.

...5 years later...

"Mom", Dante screamed as he ran into the kitchen. "What is it buddy?", I asked him. "Ares ate my toy.", he pouted. "Oh my. Call daddy and tell him to bring a new one home.", I told him.

"Bring what home?", Domenico asked. "Ares ate his toy.", I told him with a smile and gave him a hug. "What a bad boy?", Dom scolded Ares who only barked back at him. "I think grandpa is waiting at the door for you."; Dom told Dante who immediately ran to the door.

"And we are waiting for something else.", I told him and handed him the pregnancy test I had done earlier today. "No way.", he gasped. He dropped the pregnancy test on the floor and lifted me into his arms.

He peppered so many kisses across my face I barely could breath. I knew he'd be exited but he had many important meetings to attend today so I kept myself from calling him the whole day. My husband leaned his forehead against mine and let a sigh of relief pass his lips.

"I can't believe it", he grinned. "I'm going to be a dad of two kids.", he grinned proudly. "I its going to be a girl I'll spoil her even more than I spoil you.", he smiled so wide I thought his lips were going to rip. "Pump your brakes love.", I smiled back at him. He placed his lips on my and blessed me with one long passionate kiss.

The same one he shared with me the day he asked me to marry him, the day he married me and the every year on Dantes birthday.

"I'm about to tell the whole world that I'm getting a second one of those annoying things called kids.", he grinned. "Calm down my man.", I teased him. "You're right. I am your man and your man only.", he smiled giving me another kiss.

I felt a small hand push me and Dom apart. "Leave my Mommy alone.", Dante grumbled pushing his father away from me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and stuck his tongue out to his father. "My mommy."; he mumbled. "That's my wife.", Dom said as he hugged me around my neck. "You're a liar. Grandpa wasn't waiting outside.", he argued. "I know. I wanted my wife to myself.", Dom grinned placing a kiss on my shoulder. "THATS MY MOMMY", Dante yelled at his aFather. "AND SHES MY WIFE.", Domenic argued back.

"God help me please. Don't let the next kid belike these two.", I silently prayed.

_____________________________________

And with this this book comes to an end. I haven't been posting because I didn't want it to end. But finally reality hit me and I realized I had to post.

I dearly tank all of you for your support. I'll probably start writing a new book in the matter of a few day so please stay tuned.

I hope you guys stay healthy and I love you guys.

Byeeeeeee🫶